cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUI TOOLS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We installed SAP Content Server 6.40 on Solaris with MAXDB 7.6. Startup and shutdown activities of MAXDB performed by DBMCLI tool.

But I want use any GUI TOOLS to do the Monitoring as well as Administration activities.

Kindly suggest on this issue.

Regards,

Panu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Panu,

Are you SAP customer?

If yes, you could create the MAXDB connection on the solution manager system,

for example, install the MAXDB client and MAXDB DBSL on the application server of the solution manager system.

After that use the DBA calendar for MAXDB or Database Assistant: DB50N on solution manager system.

Review the SAP note 1028751. It describes how to integrate the MaxDB database into SAP system remotely. After integrating the database as described in that note you can monitor or use DBA calendar for that database.

Please review the SAP notes:

820824 FAQ: SAP MaxDB/liveCache technology

990602 FAQ: CCMS for MaxDB/SAP liveCache technology

1377148 FAQ: SAP MaxDB backup/recovery

846890 FAQ: SAP MaxDB Administration

You can use the scheduling calendar (CCMS transaction DB13 or DB13C in in WebAS 6.*).

As of WebAs 7.00, the administration is carried out with transaction

DBACOCKPIT or DB50N -> Tools - > DBA Planning Calendar.

u201CDBA Planning Calendaru201D documentation available at

http://maxdb.sap.com/doc/7_7/default.htm -> Concepts of the Database System ->

Database Tools -> DBA Cockpit

Thank you and best regards, Natalia Khlopina

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We installed SAP Content Server 6.40 on Solaris with MAXDB 7.6. Startup and shutdown activities of MAXDB performed by DBMCLI tool.

>

> But I want use any GUI TOOLS to do the Monitoring as well as Administration activities.

Why don't you just use DBMGUI or DB Studio?

You may also want to check the MaxDB FAQ notes like #846890 - "FAQ: SAP MaxDB Administration", the [MaxDB WIKI|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/MaxDB/SAP+MaxDB] pages and of course the product documentation [http://maxdb.sap.com/documentation].

The documentations contains lots of tutorials for all the most common administration tasks - should be easy to learn.

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

i successfully configured DB STUDIO.

Now i am able to Monitor as well as Administration.

I used the USER is Control.. Is it correct or i need to use the SUPERDBA user.

Kindly advice on this issue.

Regards,

Panu.

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I used the USER is Control.. Is it correct or i need to use the SUPERDBA user.

This depends on what you want to do.

For aministration tasks like startup/shutdown, backup/restore etc. you know all that stuff that is treating the database as a box you'll use CONTROL (the DBM Operator).

For MaxDB CONTROL is the guy that moves the box.

It lives 'outside' of this box.

It's not managed by the database but by the database management server (DBMServer) instead.

If you want to access the data in the database, you need to have a user that lives insight the database.

SUPERDBA is such a user.

In fact SUPERDBA is a very special kind of user, as it owns the SQL data in the database.

It even owns the SAPR3 user (but not the data of the SAPR3 user !!).

Even more, SUPERDBA also has an existence outside of the box. Kind of 'second life' as DBM-User...

Anyhow, for standard operations: stick with CONTROL. It will be sufficient!

If you want to know more: the documentation really is your friend with this!

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

Its really helpful information.. Thanks indeed.

i have activated Database Analyzer in Administration, How do i check the Analyzer Report.

Kindly help me in this reg.

Regards,

Panu.