Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characteristic Dependency

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have following scenario:

Characteristic 1: Plant (Values: Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore)

Characteristic 2 : location (Values: L1, L2, L3,L4)

Characteristic 3: Place (Values: A1, A2, A3)

ScenarioX: I want to have characteristic 2 when I select values of Delhi & Mumbai of Characteristic 1: Plant

Scenario Y: I want to have characteristic 3 When I select values of Bangalore of Characteristic 1

I have mapped Scenario Y, which is working fine.

My problem is with Scenario X. I tried by going to characteristic 2 and select

> Extras > Object Dependencies > Editor > Select the dependency type as 'Precondition' and in line 000010, enter the following syntax

Plant='Delhi'

It saved.

and try to do plant='Mumbai' in line 000020, it didn't accepted.

Then I try to add another assignement, plant='Mumbai' in line 000020. It careated with another assignment no.

But pupose is not solved. Pls. let me know is it possible or not.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

It's feasible. Use line 000010 only and map all values as plant='Delhi' or plant='Mumbai' or plant='Banglore'

Hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

Thanks for your reply.

In line 000010, we can write upto 72 characters only, in my case no. of character more than 72, how to proceed further.

I tried by clicking on split button, it gave below message, while clicking on check button,

"E28021 Error: remaining part of expression cannot be interpreted"

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Kindly try with starting or in second line.

Hope this may help.

Regards,

Ravindra

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

After 72 characters it is not going to next line. When I am trying to click on "split or insert line", there by creating line 000011 or 000020 or not working. Below message is coming in all trials

"E28021 Error: remaining part of expression cannot be interpreted"

I want to assign 6 to 7 characteristic values for one characteristic as dependency.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

In this case it is advisable that don't use the object dependancy as your requirement is not fulfilled in standard behaviour.

Go for small z-development and ask abaper to hide this field for non-related plants or display when related plant is selected.

Abap'r may use user exit for this.

Hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

Do you have any list of user exit or BADI, which can be used in this screens / function / transaction.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Kindly try with user exit CV110001. May this help you.

Regards,

Ravindra

former_member219170
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

This requirement can be handled in Std functioanlity without any User exit or Development. This can be done thru Characteristic dependency. We have to write the Syntax in the following manner :

000010 SUB_STATION='SALWA' or SUB_STATION='GHUNAN' or SUB_STATION='AL-ZOUR' or

000020 SUB_STATION='AL-FADHILI' or SUB_STATION='AL_FADHILI_HVDC' or

000030 SUB_STATION='RAS-AL-QURAYYAH' or SUB_STATION='AL-JASRA' or

000040 SUB_STATION='ICC' or SUB_STATION='DOHA' or

000050 SUB_STATION='SILLA' or SUB_STATION='LZS'

In this I have maintained different values as dependency for "Sub_Station" char. I checked & working fine.

Regards,

Sai Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

I have the same problem as you had with the dependency editor. Your solution is very good. However, I have an extra problem. I have more than just one characteristic.

You had just one characteristic (Sub_Station) and you wrote all the posibilities using "or".

However, I have more that just one characteristic (color, shape). I write the line for the color in the same way you did (using "or"). However, I do not know how to include the new characteristic. If I just go to the next line, I have te error: "error remaining part of the expression cannot be interpreted".

Do you know how to solve this problem?

Thank you very much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why don't you define a characteristic hierarchy?

Regards,

Iván.

Edited by: Iván Cabezas Castillo on Sep 20, 2010 11:26 PM