cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC and java message exchange via XI

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am now working on message change between JAVA and ABAP side. I know that java can call RFC via JCO or other methods. Now I'd like to call RFC from JAVA side via XI, Do you know the standard process of doing that, I have went through some documents listed in the forum, my idea is that I could do that in different ways:

1. import the RFC in IR and then define a web service in ID, then java side can use the WSDL to generate proxy.

2. import the RFC in IR and then I can generate java proxy

directly for java side.

3. ...

Could anyone who has some experience give some advices on that? How should I do if I want to use the solution 1?

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kevin,

You can do the RFC look up in your User Defined Functions using the LookUp API provided by SAP.

So, you will be using the Java Stack ( UDF ) to perfrom an RFC call on the ABAP stack.

just take a look at this blog,

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/xi/xi-code-samples... mapping lookups rfc api.pdf

Does this satisfy your requirement?

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One more option:

Just add your code to the receiver side JAVA proxy.

Here you can either use the metadata of the RFC itself or create your own metadata and pass the value to JAVA proxy which in turn will map it to RFC before calling it.

This is beneficial if you already have the code done.

Regards

Vijaya