cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDR_TEST_EVENTS- Pattern Sequence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need Pattern sequence UI Element in the view layout which is not there, but its there in the view Pattern sequence of WDR_TEST_EVENTS component example.

We are able to see Pattern sequence UI Element in the Pattern sequence example of WDR_TEST_EVENTS component and i am not able to see any such UI Element in my view layout.

How is it possible?

Can some body hlp me?

Thanks,

Radhika

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

In my system, the Pattern UI elements can only be inserted as Root UI elements (you must use the Swap Root UI Element option):

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/c2bbdfb79f296fe10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

You should be cautious, however, because I don't believe that the pattern UI elements are release for usage. In my 7.02 system the patternSequence isn't even available any longer (only patternTray and patternTabStrip). Why not just use the RoadMap UI element instead of the patternSequence?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, i think there is pattern sequence UI element is not yet release by SAP for usage.

So, i created dynamicall using classes.

My problem got resolved.

Thank you, sorry for the late reply.

Thanks,

Radhika

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> Yes, i think there is pattern sequence UI element is not yet release by SAP for usage.

> So, i created dynamicall using classes.

> My problem got resolved.

> Thank you, sorry for the late reply.

>

> Thanks,

> Radhika

That sounds very dangerous to me. Those UI elements aren't release - and probably never will be. The fact that you had to force the usage via dynamic calls should tell you that SAP doesn't intend for you to use them. I think you run a pretty high risk taking this approach.

A little background. SAP isn't going to create pattern UI elements becuase instead we have the Floorplan Manager and Generic UI Building Blocks. The GUIBB serve the purpose of complex, reusable pattern UI elements. We already have far more GUIBBs than we ever did pattern UI element. Pattern UI elements were never released for customer/patner usage anyway.

My recommendation would be to seriously rethink your usage of the pattern UI element. You can acomplish the same things with standard UI elements and/or FPM and GUIBBs.

Answers (0)