Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean up option in PFUD

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the use of u201CCleanupu201D option in PFUD? Please explain as I am not able to get any information on this .

6 REPLIES 6

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

>

> Please explain as I am not able to get any information on this .

Hi,

that is strange.... The first search for PFUD at help.sap.com lead me also to

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/52/6711ec439b11d1896f0000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Also SAP note 511200 is available since a long time...

Maybe your search trials need improvements?

b.rgds, Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheeraj,

Cleanup option in PFUD would delete generated profiles for which no roles exist

0 Kudos

Thanks for your help Siddhartha, But does this means that SAP standard profiles would be deleted? Also what I am able to see at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/52/6711ec439b11d1896f0000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Clean-Ups: Perform clean-ups when you generate or import profiles. Generated profiles that no longer exist are deleted. Regular clean-ups are particularly important if you transport your roles and profiles frequently, as this helps to solve possible inconsistencies quickly.

I am not able to get the meaning of u201CGenerated profiles that no longer exist are deletedu201D

Please help me to understand this .

0 Kudos

HI,

imagine this for instance:

in DEV system create role A with profile X.

Transport it to QAS system.

Assign a user. User will have role A and profile X assigned.

Now again in DEV delete the role and recreate it with same name A.

After generation profile name is now for instance Y.

Transport it again to QAS.

W/o running cleanups, the user will still have profile X assigned.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hello Bernhard,

Many thanks for your reply now I am able to get this, I have one more curiosity

u201CIs Auth/new buffering 4 is for same purposes what we can do with profile comparison option in PFUD u201C

0 Kudos

Hi,

auth/new_buffering is about actualization of user buffer (table usrbf2). With value=4 the authorizations are available directly after user comparison (in PFUD it is the choice of profile comparison) - means, that users must not log off/log on to make changes take effect.

b.rgds, Bernhard