cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC Migration

0 Kudos

Hello GRC Exports,

We are planning to migrate GRC AC5.3 from Windows to Linux using the following procedure.

Source system: Dual Stack GRC AC 5.3 on Windowsn

1. Export/Import the dual stack to target server.

2. Post-Processing steps as per the attached document "GRC - Post system copy steps.docx"

Please suggest us what are all this to be taken care for this migration.

The customer is using all the GRC scenarios.

1. SAP GRC Risk Analysis and Remediation,

2. Compliant User Provisioning,

3. Enterprise Role Management Configuration and

4. Superuser Privilege Management Configuration

In case of Risk Analysis and Remediation, we know that we need to import Rules/Mitigation/Configuration settings.

Please guide what are all other things to be migrated in case of GRC AC 5.3 migartion for all the 4 above secnarios.

Thanks & Regards,

Hari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

I havent seen the document you are referring to. But if the new machine wont use same host name, IP and FQDN I can see it will be a real pain.

Here is a snip from Note 1251014 - Homogeneous GRC system copy

The following needs to be checked and verified:

-All VIRSA and VT tables are copied over to the new system

-Check to verify old references for your old system do NOT exist in the new system:

1. Configuration > Connectors (Remove if not used)

2. If you are maintaining Workflow, (Configuration > Workflow) make sure the Workflow Service URL references the new host name. (For Compliant User Provisioning)

3. If you are maintaining Custom Tabs, reference the new host name and port (For Risk Analysis and Remediation)

4. Using your J2EE_Admin ID go to Webdynpro > Content Administrator > Maintain Jco Destinations. After a refresh the Connectors are normally not updated. You will need to edit them to reflect new client number, message server, user ID and password. Test and Ping the connection

5. Log back into Risk Analysis and Remediation and under Configuration > SAP Adapter and if the icon (square) is not colored, then select it to activate. Verify the host name and gateway are correct. The program ID comes from SM59 from the RFC destination

regards,

vit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to Add to what Vit mentioned here... after the migration make sure that you change the entries in the table VIRSA_CC_CONFIG (105, 106 & 107) to point to correct hostname & port.. Otherwise background job daemon wont work and jobs will be stuck in ready status..

Also, from the AC integration point of view, you will have to change the hostname etc in every webservice URI you have given in all GRC applications.

Regards, Varun

Edited by: Thakur Varun on Sep 22, 2010 4:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

well.... per my understanding, this will not effect GRC 5.3.

if u are using JCO connector, i will say just recreate them.

Regards,

Surpreet Bal

0 Kudos

Can anyone please help.