SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close an opened item out of the Open Time Intervals

0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I was told that there is a link between "open time intervals" (that you can parameter with Tcode FMIR) and the "closing operation" using Tcode FMMC.

Can someone tell me if it is normal to be able to close an opened items even if this item is not in an open time interval ?

if yes, how can I restrict this closing operation only to open time intervals ?

In advance, thank you for your answers.

Best regards,

Marc Chevilliet

10 REPLIES 10

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The periods maintained in FMIR are controlling the postings in FM tables. So, if your operation creates an FM entry, it will be checked (FM posting date field) against the open intervals. in FMMC you have FM posting date available as parameter.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems that it's possible to create a FM entry without checking posting date available into the open interval. As an example, users can execute the FMMC ans close an open item created in 2009 whereas in FMIR there is no open interval for 2009.

Thanks you

Marc.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Closing of an item which was open in 2009, can still be done in 2010 (depending on the configuration of the update profile) and in this case 2009 closed in FMIR won't be an obstacle. Also, check some useful information in 727302 note.

0 Kudos

Thank you Eli,

I took a look on the note but it seems already implemented in my system (it is a note from 2004).

Can you tell me more about the "configuration of the update profile" because closing operation with FMMC transaction seems to be a manual operation, nothing is closed regularly.

Thank you again for your help.

Marc.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

By referring to update profile, I meant whether PBET is activated in your client or not. If it's not, then it's possible to close the commitment in year X+1, even if it was not carried-forward to it. I'm bit surprised by your statement that you have open commitments which are not treated. What kind of commitments are there? Is it EMFs?

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

My problem is that my client is able to close open items (old ones) whereas there is no open interval for the date of those items. You are telling me that it is normal for them to be able to close it.

Now my question is : How can I forbid this action ? Because they don't want to be allowed to do an action on an item from closed budget (understandable ).

Thank you

"I'm bit surprised by your statement that you have open commitments which are not treated. What kind of commitments are there? Is it EMFs? " -> About that, I think I didn't express myself clearly, that seems to be a misunderstanding.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

I'm afraid I will need more details:

a) What kind of commitment your client is closing?

b) When he closes it what is the posting data of FM which is saved? You can check it in FMIOI table by viewing all the transaction for the document in question.

c) Does your client use PBET?

Can you look at note 1285699 for this issue?

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Well I am gonna try to give you more details:

a) Most of the client commitments are funds reservation and purchase orders.

b) PORD for purchase order as example

c)I don't know how to check it but I seems it is all manual, so I guess he doen't use PBET (I understood from you that it relates with closing automatisation at the end of a period)

Regard,

Marc

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, PBET is the way the commitment history is updated. You can see it in your update profile (OF37 transaction). What is your profile?

0 Kudos

At the moment, my update profil is 000350 "Separate PB/CB budget lines ; standard".

How can I know if it is activated or not ?