cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating the IAC Application from 4.6C to ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are moving from 4.6C to ECC 6.0. As part of the upgrade, we are planning to deploy and run some of the IAC Applications which is currently working on Standalone ITS to the Integrated ITS (WAS 7.0).

Can any one tell me , whether there will be any problem if we deploy the IAC application from 4.6C (NON-UNICODE SYSTEM) to the Integrated ITS (ECC 6.0 - UNICODE SYSTEM).

As a Test we want to copy the IAC Application( CATW IAC Application - SE 80, Internet Service Type application) in 4.6C to some Z Application and want to move to the ECC 6.0.

In Detail,

1) We want to make a copy of CATW IAC Object to ZCATW in 4.6C (NON-UNICODE SYSTEM).

2) Transport the ZCATW from 4.6C (NON-UNICODE SYSTEM) to the (ECC 6.0 - UNICODE SYSTEM).

But I am worrying, whether this will create any Problems or Dumps in the ECC System??? Please guide me, on this..

Thanks & Regards,

Ashok Kumar M.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok Kumar M,

This reply does not answer either of your questions, but is a suggestion.

Have you looked at the following option:

Calling CATW via the WEBGUI but using parameters to give it the look and feel of an IAC

Review the following WIKI:

[Article - Employ SAP GUI for HTML instead of an Internet service |http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/i50 ]

As far as I am aware from the application perspective if you have ECC 500 or ECC 600 or later they recommend that you sould use the Web Dynpro version of CATW.

Regards,

Oisin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

We have customized the previous IAC heavily. Client is expecting the same functionality after upgrade. Like this we have several applications. As we don't have much time in hand, for customizing the WDJ version, to meet the client expectations. So, we thought that we will migrate the IAC's to ECC and run with the Internal ITS, instead of Standalone ITS.

Hope, I am clear in expalning my requirement ......

Thanks & Regards,

Ashok M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guyz,

Can anyone reply on my Question ??? I need the solution, then only I can go ahead.

Thanks & Regards,

Ashok M.

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you reviewed the SAP Help?

Here is a useful starting point

[Migration of Existing ITS Services |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cd/8a424089ff2571e10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

former_member316351
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ashok,

In general you can copy your modified catw templates to your new system. Of course, you should test that the are working and displaying correctly. You should test in every language that your system supports (or users will use). Make sure that if you have htrc files (language resource) files that they are also updated in your new system, depending on the languages supported, you may need to recreate these because your new system is unicode.

Edgar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks guyz, for your inputs.

I transported and fixed the issues. I am closing this message.

Thanks & Regards,

Ashok M.

Answers (0)