cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation of Line item of the SO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a line item in the Sales Order with item category TAD. The document flow of the line item shows Overall Processing Stat Material Descript - "Archieved".

Am rejecting the line item by giving Reason for Rejection and saving the order. But when i again go to the SO, i get a Popup message which reads " Express document "Update was terminated" received from author "Anil Kumar" " and the changes are not reflected. How do i correct this problem?

Regards,

Anil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Probably you are trying to reject an item which has already been processed. Since its TAD I guess there would be an existing billing document for it.

The reason I beleive its showing you archived ( is it archived or deleted ), - it might be an old document which has been archived.

Pl.. check if these finding help you.

regards

sadhu kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Thanks for your time. There is no Billing document created against this line item hence the document flow should show as open but in this case it is showing as Archieved.

More interestingly, this particular sales order *******78 is created in ref to sales order ********54 and the line item in SO ********54 is been rejected and also this particular sales order (********54 )is been created with ref to a Notification. is this a helpful info to slove this problem?

awaiting your reply.

Regards,'

Anil.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I foresee 2 issues here.

First of all, if a SO is archived I dont know whether you will be able to see it again in SAP. I dont think it is possible. So I assume that the sales order is not archived.

Second if you feel that the document is archived, check the document flow of the SO and if other subsequent documents are available for the SO, try to open them also. If you can open all the documents in the document flow, the chances are more that the document is not archived.

In the case where the document is not archived, the termination may be due to a bug in one of your z programs or in the programs of one of your outputs. So if you have any output types getting triggered, put them in mode Despatch time = 1 or 3 mode instead of 4. Now put the rejection reason and save the document. If there is no dump, it means that there is some problem with the program of the output type.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not clear in your explanation. Normally, in document flow, if system shows "Archieved", it is presumed that the sale document is deleted. This being the case, how can you open the sale order ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Please check

Check the details in Tcode:SM13 transaction.

You can check reason for update termination in SM13.

as there could be many reason for UPDATION TERMINATION ( DATA DOES NOT GET SAVED )

There are many reasons for this message.

1. If the numbers in number range has exceeded

2. If there is some problems when a workflow is activated.

3. User exist is acticated

Regards

AJIT K SINGH

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your time. Am not sure how the document flow for the line item is showing as "Archieved" but the sales order is not deleted. This is may be because of the Status Profile Configuration at line item level. For ths particular line item the system status reads as "REL MtoO RESA SETC" where as for other line items the system status is "REL MtoO SETC". please let me know if you need to know more info on the same.

Regards,

Anil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Anil,

You can check reason for update termination in SM13. Take help of ABAPer