cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant config pricing condition description not correct

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus!

I created Sales Order with a variant configuration material, pricing with package items. System pick up the correct

pricing but pricing Condition Name for all the items are the same, system is taking variant description VK30 instead

of condition type description in VK11.

I have a package e.g.

Material: Phone Package A

Condition type:

- ZZ01 Phone

- ZZ02 Charger

- ZZ03 Battery

Data entry: Material A001 Nokia phone package

charcteristics: Phone PA

Charger A1

Battery T1

System compute all the description of condition type is the same

Material: Phone Package A

Condition type:

key: PA-A1-T1

- ZZ01 Package A for Nokia AAA 10.00

- ZZ02 Package A for Nokia AAA 30.00

- ZZ03 Package A for Nokia AAA 50.00

I want the description of Condition Type not the variant description. Any clue on how to get the correct description of the

Condition Type?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

I think that is not possible in SAP, which is a constraint in using variant conditions. This is not possible by any means.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have tried both method mentioned here but still not working. I partly agreed with Krishnan but I believe there should be a solution.

I believe the solutions in this forum; has some trying and testing may be refine to get the solution. Any one who can review and refine?

Any other solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

1) With respect to your original question (e.g. "how to have the VTEXT field on the Conditions tab display the Condition Type Description set via the IMG rather than the Variant Description set via txn VK30"). Please know that once you check the "Variant Condition" flag for a condition type, the system has no choice but to present the Variant Description because this behavior is hard-coded.

Easiest solution would be to activate screen overlay functionality (such as GUIXT) which can present the desired text to the user without affecting underlying code. Another alternative is to ask a developer to make an implicit enhancement that overrides the description just before presentation to the user.

If neither solution works out and the users insist that you show the condition type description, then variant pricing simply doesn't fit. Hopefully you don't get to this point, but if it happens, then you would have to revert to standard (non-variant) pricing. To start you would need new display-only VBAP fields for each price-relevant characteristic (e.g. ztraining, zcourse_type, zstudent, and maybe zresource). and then custom code to copy values selected in the VC back to the corresponding new line item fields which can be done via a user-exit. Then you would follow the normal process for introducing new price-relevant fields, and redesign your condition types and condition tables to remove all reference to pricing variants. A hassle, but side benefit would be more straight-forward master-data maintenance since the user can directly see and maintain all pricing key fields in VK11/12/13 (rather than having to check variant table(s) to discover how the pricing key fields translate to variant keys) and of course they would always see the condition type description as desired.

2) Moving on to address your 3rd-August follow-on comment from the other thread (e.g. "However, when I change the input Resource from 01 (Classroom) to 02 (Whiteboard) ... ZA01 is gone"). Is this what you wanted? If yes, then a user who needs a Classroom and Whiteboard and a Projector, would have to create a sales order with three configurable line items - is this the desired outcome?

Edited by: Laura J. Williams on Sep 23, 2010 1:22 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

It can be one reason, try this -

Transaction code - CU50

1)Insert material

2) Select Plant

3) Configuration - Sales/Dist

4) Cinfiguration result - BOM

Then press configuration or F8.

Next step - go to drop down of Character value

then put the desired description in condition column, and maintain condition with the same description.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

please search for Forum