Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to add BI_CONT to sap system

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts ,

here i need some help and also suggesitions please do needful to me

today i installed sap system succesfully and now i need to prepare that system as SAP BI SYSTEM but i dont know that

while installing time it asks for selection software components at that place i given AS JAVA,AS ABAP,BI,EP,EP CORE.

and now after that we need to do any Activities.

my friends told me that you need to add BI-CONT to system..is that correct if correct means how can i add that content please reply me

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nirmal_konchada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just like support packs download the BI-CONT installation package and uncar in EPS/in and then goto transaction SAINT and aply.

Nirmal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi nirmal,

thanks for your reply

and we need to extract that car files in EPS/in and after we go for SAINT and we add that patch and continue ok naa

but my doubt is in which client we can do this activities and also which user ..can we create any client before add-ons and do these activities in that newly created client

or

in 000 client

i think in 000 client and with other than sap* & DDIC users ..............this is correct please reply me

Regards

tomas_black
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

1st) you should install BI_CONT on the client 000 (mandatory) with another user than DDIC and SAP*. This user must have SAP_ALL authorization (just make a copy of DDIC and you're fine).

2nd) please look for SAP notes for this installation. For example: for BI_CONT 7.02 version, you should refer to note #847019. There's a note for each version, please find yours.

3rd) once you determine the correct version, download the SAR file from the SAP MarketPlace (service.sap.com/swdc), this will bring you the needed files, which should be placed in /usr/sap/trans/EPS/in directory. Proceed like a normal SAINT installation.

Supplementary information can be found here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bw/helpdata/en/18/e08d38dfc44765e10000009b38f842/content.htm

and here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bw/helpdata/en/26/5a8c38e3494231e10000009b38f8cf/content.htm

Best regards,

Tomas Black

Answers (0)