cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print function in preview has been disabled

0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I wanted to preview a SAPscript letter before printing from a program (without the print dialog box), the code seems to be ok and the preview works nicely; but the problem is the print function button has been disabled from the print preview and this caused me couldn't print.

Is anyone facing this issue before? Any solution for this issue?

Any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BrenKC,

This problem occures, if you have no authorization of print, due to that the print function tab will be desable.

Give the tcode /nsu53 on that print preview screen, you will see on which object & field you need authorization, then get that object authorized or get that role. You will get the print tab.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Kiran Deshmukh

0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for your kind replied.

I open the transaction /nsu53, it shows blank on the Authorization object (refer to the following)

- User Name BREN Authorization object

- System TGD Client 300

- Date 20.09.2010 Time 13:04:16

- Inst. idesdev Profile parameter auth/new buffering 4

- -

- The last authorization check was successful

Is it the one that you are referring to?

0 Kudos

>

> Hi BrenKC,

>

> This problem occures, if you have no authorization of print, due to that the print function tab will be desable.

> Give the tcode /nsu53 on that print preview screen, you will see on which object & field you need authorization, then get that object authorized or get that role. You will get the print tab.

>

> Hope this will solve your problem.

>

> Thanks and Regards,

> Kiran Deshmukh

Hi Kiran,

I forgot to mention about it, which is I am able to print the letter if I print it directly without the preview; but I'm not sure whether this related to the preview. But my requirement is wanted the preview before printing out.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bren,

As you told previously, the print preview is ok only print tab is desable, for i hv given the information. But as per reply you hv its authorization, is print tab is desable to all preview's or only for this perticular script. if yes, then you have take help from Abaper for this, as there may be some modifications required to that perticular program.

Hope this will help you to resolve your issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Kiron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bren,

Please try to resolve this on development first, then if solved, then work on production client.

Regds.,

Kiron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If this is developed form then chk with your ABAP person,

In the Print Driver Program

check while calling smart form in export para meters

EXPORTING

CONTROL_PARAMETERS = W_CTRLOP

OUTPUT_OPTIONS = W_COMPOP

W_CTRLOP-GETOTF = 'X'. "this will disable printing options"

W_CTRLOP-NO_DIALOG = 'X'. "dialog screen will be suppress"

check your control_parameters.

Regards

GK.

0 Kudos

Hi GK,

Thanks for your replied, but I am printing the SAPscript not SmartForms,

W_CTRLOP-GETOTF = 'X'.

W_CTRLOP-NO_DIALOG = 'X'.

the above options doesn't belongs to SAPscript parameters.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

>

> Hi Bren,

>

> As you told previously, the print preview is ok only print tab is desable, for i hv given the information. But as per reply you hv its authorization, is print tab is desable to all preview's or only for this perticular script. if yes, then you have take help from Abaper for this, as there may be some modifications required to that perticular program.

>

> Hope this will help you to resolve your issue.

>

> Thanks and Regards,

> Kiron

Hi Kiran,

I tested all different SAPscripts are having the same problem --> the print function been disabled on the preview. Even I create a dummy program with pure printing report, still the same.

In this case, it disabled in all preview, do you have any idea what is the causes?

Thanks.4

0 Kudos

>

> Hi Bren,

>

> As you told previously, the print preview is ok only print tab is desable, for i hv given the information. But as per reply you hv its authorization, is print tab is desable to all preview's or only for this perticular script. if yes, then you have take help from Abaper for this, as there may be some modifications required to that perticular program.

>

> Hope this will help you to resolve your issue.

>

> Thanks and Regards,

> Kiron

Hi Kiran,

I tested all different SAPscripts are having the same problem --> the print function been disabled on the preview. Even I create a dummy program with pure printing report, still the same.

In this case, it disabled in all preview, do you have any idea what is the causes?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any help with this issue?

I tested with many programs and many SAPScripts but still it doesn't work, I have request our basis guy to check any configuration required on the client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bren,

I think you can create one more new role in your test system,for that pertucular form and print function, and try may be it will give you path to solve the problem. You can also take help of Basis guy too.

Thanks,

Kiron.

0 Kudos

Thanks. I'll check out will the admin to test with the new role.

0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Sorry for the late update.

Apparently the program still unable to print from the preview and we are not able to test it with new role which proposed by Kiran due to authorization to create it. However the user choose to print the form from SAP printer spool. :S

Just to clarify, this problem only exists in our client's server, and it works fine in our test server. I'm still finding the fact anyway. Thanks.