cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future of SAP MDM Vs SAP Pushing for MDG on SAP ERP 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I would like to get inputs on the Future of SAP MDM, at a time when SAP is trying to push for MDG(Master Data Governance) in SAP ERP 6.0.

Please refer to slide 17 in the below presentation regarding the MDG in SAP ERP 6.0

http://www.sapdesignguild.org/SAPTECHED_Test_Topics.pdf

I would like your inputs on the following:

1. With MDG in SAP ERP 6.0 does that mean the current SAP MDM will be phased out slowly with more functionality moved to MDG .

2. I believe SAP would continue to support SAP MDM for its current customers. But what is the Road Map for MDM if MDG is going to be developed in SAP ERP on the ABAP stack.

3. Has anyone planned for MDG or are ou aware of any clients who are looking at MDG Vs using MDM in the future.

All inputs on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

SAP NetWeaver MDM and SAP Master Data Governance are complementary pillars of SAP's MDM solution portfolio. See the [similar thread about this topic|] on SDN. There was also a Webinar about the MDM solution portfolio on SDN. A recording will be posted soon. See also my [blog|/people/markus.ganser/blog/2010/09/27/sap-master-data-management--info-update] on this.

Mark63
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The recording and the presentation are available now. See [my blog|/people/markus.ganser/blog/2010/10/19/mdm-for-sap-business-suite-and-for-application-agnostic-use] on SDN/BPX.