cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

messages deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

we are running pi 7 windows x64 + sql 2005.

we have in the production 2 very big tables - SXMSCLUP & SXMSCLUR 39 and 8 GB.

i found that there are no deletion jobs - checked from sxmb_moni-->job overview , and sm37.

now there is a demand to delete only once the messages untill the date - 1.1.2010 - al message after should remain undeleted.

how can i do this? where can i control untill which date messages will be deleted?

moreover - how can i see how many message are there betwenn various dates?

please advise

Regards,

Moshe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moshe,

use program RSXMB_MARK_DELETABLE_MESSAGES and

RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES to delete

For more details you can refer the links: Very useful. even i have used these in my project.

Please check the link below:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0e/80553b4d53273de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/402fae48-0601-0010-3088-85c46a236...

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Sushama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can see the message master table SXMSPMAST in se16 to check how many entries are there for specific periods of time interval in your cluster tables.

For details of how to set up the archiving and deletion jobs also for troubleshooting check the SAP Note 872388 - Troubleshooting Archiving and Deletion in PI - this note have answers to all your possible questions in this matter!!

Regards,

francis

Former Member
0 Kudos

The program RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES updated the table SXMSPMAST2 with REORG column from "INI" to "DEL".

When does it actually delete from this table and the other tables?

Thanks

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends on the deletion procedure you have configured. If its a simple delete procedure configured, RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES will directly delete messages(immediately after the retention period of xml message deletion) which are having reorg status DEL. If you have set the retention period of message deletion (persistence) to 30 days then it will delete only after 30 days. this can be checked in transaction sxmb_adm.

But if a table switch deletion procedure is configured then you also have to execute the report RSXMB_TABLE_SWITCH. in your case since there is a second master table SXMSPMAST2 i guess the delete option is table switch. you can check this from SXMB_ADM, instead of executing this reports manually this can be directly scheduled from sxmb_adm.

also check the SAP Note 872388 - Troubleshooting Archiving and Deletion in PI, which explains the difference between direct deletion and table switch, which one you have to choose based on the message volume and retention period.

regards,

francis