Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FREE OF CHARGE DELIVERY pricing error

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAP SD Gurus

I am krishna new to this forum also new to SAP SD

I have dought about free of charge delivery subsequent process.

Can anybody please explain about the difference between those also what are the item category and scheduling cat for both.

i created free of charge delivery but it is showing pricing error .where I have done mistake please explain?

Regards,

KRISHNA

Edited by: kris_hna on Sep 19, 2010 2:14 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradyumna,

Thanks for your reply.

First of all I am creating new free of charge delivery document to my customer(sending some samples to him).

in this same thread ajit saying item category KNL and you are saying KLN which one is correct?

now my question is when i enter material details(material 1227- qty-10pcs) in line item FD order it showing pricing error.

shall i have create new material for that?

or i have to maintain new pricing procedure for existing material what to do?

I checkd Item category assignment also it showing ZFDNORMblank+blank=KLN

please explain.

Regards,

KRISHNA

Edited by: kris_hna on Sep 20, 2010 9:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Item category is KLN.

Item category assignment is correct.

Ensure that "Pricing" check box is blank in the Item category KLN.

Regards

Pradyumna

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit,

thaks for your reply.

if enter any material in line item in FD order it is showing error no pricing procedure could be determined can you explain more clearly on that

Regards,

krishna.

Edited by: kris_hna on Sep 20, 2010 8:49 AM

Edited by: kris_hna on Sep 20, 2010 9:01 AM

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

Process is as follows,

Std Process is

Sales Order - Delivery - Invoice - Return Sales Order (wrt sales order / billing document) - Return Del. (wrt Return Sales order ) - PGR - Credit Memo wrt Return Sales Order

OR (If not to create credit memo)

Free Of Charge Sub. Deli. Doc. (which is sales doc.) wrt Return Sales Order / Original Sales Order - Standard Deli.(LF) - Proforma Invoice

Order Type to be used,

SD - is used for Subsequent Delivery Free of Charge that is created wrt Return Sales Order / Billing Document

FD - is used when you want to give any free sample to the customer. Therefore it does not have any reference

ITEM CATEGORY is to be KNL and please insure that field Pricing should left Blank.

Regards

AJIT K SINGH

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Laxmipathi,

Thanks for your reply.

But its not helpful to me.

Please explain how to create free of charge delivery.

If i enter any line item then i press enter in the FD order it showing pricing error.

How to fix this problem? where i have done mistake.

Regards,

KRISHNA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

When you wantto send some Promotional Materials or Sample materials ( which do not have any commercial value), we use Order Type FD (Free-of charge Delivery) in standard SAP.

Order Type FD does not require any reference document.

But, suppose we had already sent 10 pieces of material to the Customer out of which let say 2 pieces are damaged and customer has returned back it to you.

Now, you have two options, either to issue a credit memo for the 2 pieces or you need to send fresh 2 units to the customer again.

If you want to send fresh 2 units (which we call replacement) instead of giving him a Credit memo then we process with Order Type SDF (Subsequent Free-of-charge Delivery).

Order Type SDF always requires a reference document. It is created with ref to the Return order.

In both the above case (FD & SDF), Pricing is not applicable.

Ensure that Item category is KLN in the Sales order and in the Item category details, "Pricing" check box should be blank.

Regards

Pradyumna

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Welcome to the forum.

Being a newbie, I would like you to search the forum before posting any questions, whether solutions are provided for the same question.

Check one such thread

[Re: Free of charge delivery(Samples)|;

Henceforth, ensure that you search the forum and still you have any issues, post the same.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi