Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visible property is not working.

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am struggling with the visible property of a control. I am working with WDJ on NWDS 2.0 version and NW 2004. On clicking on the check box I want to make visible and invisible a dropdown box.

I have writtern the javascript for this function in change event of checkbox.

if(this.rawValue == "1")

{

xfa.host.messageBox("If statisfied");

TestDrop.presence = "visible";

}

else

TestDrop.presence="invisible";

In preview view this is working, but when I deploy the same form and run the IE, it is not working. If condition is satisfied then I can see the popup, but dropdownn is not getting displayed. This was working earlier a week ago but suddenly stopped working. When I make the dropdown by default visible and test it, then I could see a different change i.e., dropdown right part (button) turns to visible and invisible not the full control.

My ADLS is of 8.2 Version and Reader is of version 8.

Is there any thing to with the usage rights ? Any Idea, why is it behaving differently.

Thanks

Chinna.

Edited by: Chinna Babu on Sep 20, 2010 5:52 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will not work because you are NOT using correct version of Adobe LiveCycle Designer.

1. ALD 8.2 is still NOT supported by SAP. It will be only for EHP2 I guess.

2. Looking at your landscape (NW 2004), you should be developing your forms in ALD 7.1 ONLY.

Creating forms in any other version is going to be an issue.

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I have uninstalled ALD 8.2 and installed 7.1. I have created one sample form with one check box, text box of standard controls and one Web Dynpro Native button, one Web Dynpro ActiveX button. I have also installed ACF for version NWDS 7.0 though my NWDS is of version 2.0.

1. On change of check box I wrote a java script to hide the textbox.

xfa.host.messageBox("Hi");
   form1.subform.textbox.presence="hidden";
   xfa.host.messageBox("Bi");

On select of check box both the Hi and Bi popus are getting popped up but text box still visible on the form.

2. Web Dynpro native button has the generated javascript code as below

ContainerFoundation_JS.SendMessageToContainer(event.target, "submit", "", "", "", "");

No action on click on this button.

3. Web Dynpro ActiveX button has the generated javascript code as below

app.eval("event.target.SAPSubmit();");

Form submitted on click on this button.

In NWDS2.0 version, there is no property to set Native/ActiveX property for Interactive form element.

Please let me know anything else is missing.

Thanks

Murthy

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My dear friend, you are mixing technologies and expecting the solution to work for you. I would suggest please make sure that you read relevant SAP Notes to avoid running into problems.

Native (ZCI) forms are only supported for NW 7.0 SP06 onwards and you need ACF which is compatible with NW04 and not 7.0 one.

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have uninstalled ACF from my system reinstalling NWDS 2.0, ALD 7.1 from scratch. I guess we don't need to install ACF manually, it will be installed automatically when we run the form first time as I read in a Note.

Thanks

Murthy

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Even after with NWDS 2.0, ALD 7.1 Visible/Hidden property is not working. When I set the presence to "invisible" in javascript for a button, I can see the label on the button disappers.

Is there anything to test from Server perespective, because now I am using all the compatable versions.

NWDS 2.0.9

ALD 7.1

NW 2004

Adobe Reader 8.0

IE 7

Form properties set in NWDS are : PDF Render format set to "Acrobat 7.0.5 Dynamic PDF".

Will it work on Acrobat reader incase?

Please suggest me anything else can be done either from development system or Netweaver Server.

Thanks

Murthy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Hey Murthy,

One suggestion, I'm not sure how it is in Java WebDynpro, but in ABAP you have a flag that you pass to the ADS to tell it that it is a Dynamic form. Has this been set ? There are two flags, one of them is the indicator for Interactive forms, the other one is the Dynamic form one.

Cheers,

Wouter.

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wouter,

In NWDS 7.0 we have a property to set whether the form is Dynamic/Static for Interactive form UI Element. But as I am using NWDS 2.0 I dont see such an option.

Thanks

Murthy

0 Kudos

For any one wondering : this guys's answer is the correct one!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Remove the code for the message pop up and then try.I faced the same problem in static PDF form and got resolved with this.You can give it a try.

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have below script on change of check box

if(FormSource.subform.Sex.rawValue == "1")
{
	FormSource.subform.TextField1.presence = "hidden";
	FormSource.subform.Name.presence = "hidden";
}

I didn't see any change on "change" event.

if(FormSource.subform.Sex.rawValue == "1")
{
	FormSource.subform.TextField1.presence = "invisible";
	FormSource.subform.Name.presence = "invisible";
}

on change of this event, I could see text in Text Control disappears. Any Idea why is it behaving so?

Thanks

Murthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are your credentials still valid?

Please check with report 'FP_TEST_IA_01' - as suggested in SAP NOTE : 999998

Please try!

chinna_babu2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have verified the ADS Configuration in Visual Administrator. Its licence is till 2023.

I don't understand the issue when it is working in preview tab why is it not working after the form render from server.

Is there anything to do with the adobe reader version in developement system with the server.

My Adobe reader is : 8.2

Adls is: 8.2

NWDS is : 2.0

NW 2004.

Thanks

Murthy