cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales of services- cash in transit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have a client who provides services on cash in transit (cit) for their customers (banks) by providing them with bullion vans to move cash within their branches, their services include

1. monthly dedicated service....bank uses the van for a whole month and is billed at the month.

2. shared service where banks use the van on agreed days in a month and are also billed at the end of the month.

3. pick up and drop where they only pick up cash from one branch to the other only when called. billing also at the ent of month.

Amount varries from month to month.

my client wants to also include the vehicle number of van used for customer in the so.

they give an sla to customers and so is based on the sla.

pls how can i configure this in sap sd?

thanks

Maureen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

tnx all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maureen

You can use a Service Contract (type MV) to represent the Service Level Agreement (SLA) you have with the customers. The Sales Orders (SO) will get their pricing from the contract. Please provide any special requirements from SLA that need to be taken care of by this implementation.

Use 3 service materials to represent the 3 different types of services, you may include all the types of services that a customer uses in one contract or create separate MV contracts for each one of them.

For the first ( Monthly Dedicated Service) set up a Periodic Billing plan for monthly billing in the contract. You can use service Pricing condition PPSV which has calculation type based on periods (Months).

Set up all customers with Billing dates ( Factory calendar with special rules) to bill them on a monthly basis.

For the second material ( I guess the fixed agreed days are part of SLA) use Routes ( Monday, Wed, Fri for week days or 1st, 10th, 20th, 30th for Calendar dates, for example) to signify the days on which the service has to be provided.

I think you may use Plant or Shipping Points to denote the Vehicle (Van). You may use a custom field or Text also for this purpose.

I don't see much difference between the 2nd (Fixed days) and 3rd (on-demand) materials. Yes, pricing could be different. The pricing for on-demand service could be based on the distance between 2 branches, so may be you bring in distance the scale basis for its pricing or you may use something like material group to denote service from Branch A - B and use material group in pricing. You may need to create as many Material groups as the From/To Branch combinations.

Sales orders ( Debit Memo Requests) will take the pricing from contracts. Then you simply bill them at the end of month and you may get one invoice to include all the types of services provided in that month.

Hope this helps trigger some thoughts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks alot for your valuable response, however i went through this process on my ides, after creating a six months contract, type zzsc, when i ref for sales order once, i can't go through for rem 5 months, it says doc fully referenced. how can i create sale order OR at the end of each month(for six months) ref same contract?

Thanks once again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition, my client would want to do the following wrt the sla

1. create a daily service order to record service rendered to their customer on daily basis ie the use of their van in the bank.

2. create a sales order once at the end of the month referencing all the service orders already created (collective).

3. create a delivery note to confirm that van actually got to customer site and was used( including time it got to cust site)

4. do a billing for the sales order which represents each period in the billing plan.

Pls assist with this.

Edited by: Maureen Eneh on Sep 22, 2010 1:52

AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the first issue of item getting fully referenced on the first occasion, check the item category config for the 'completion rule' in the 'Business data' window. May be it is set with A, change it to blank or C and continue testing.

Looks like your customer wants to use Resource-related billing (RRB), it may be overkill for this requirement. Also services and delivery don't go together. Looks like they want to treat it as a deliverable item. I think this is not necessary.

Any ways you don't need to use RRB for the Monthly Billing contracts. It is priced by month and whether they (customers) use or not, they have to pay, right? So leave that aside.

I suggest you follow the 2 following best practices (links) below to realize the requirements. In stead of time, you will be confirming the use of van, that's the difference. You also don't the quotation step which appears in the beginning.

a) For the first service- Service Contract with Periodic Billing-

http://help.sap.com/bp_bl604/BBLibrary/HTML/199_EN_US.HTM

Just explore it, but like I said already, I sincerely beleive you don't need all this for the first type of service, just create a MV Contract with Billing Plan and bill every month.

b) For the 2nd and 3rd services- Service with Time & Material Based Billing- http://help.sap.com/bp_bl604/BBLibrary/HTML/198_EN_US.HTM

Check them out. Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks alot for your useful responce, my client says bpp 199 (service contract with periodic billing), can this be achieved with just sd or sd and pm?

They need to list details of services provided to their client and attach it to the invoice at the end of the month.

ie, they make entries daily for a whole month indicating whether or not the van was used by the bank it is assigned to.

They also need to check if all needed for the van to be fit for the work is in order like if it has enough fuel, if the tires are ok, if the ac is working etc.

They would want to capture cost as follows

- travel management to capture fuel cost.

-goods movement to capture bag use in carring cash for banks(non recyclable) and security seals

-time recording to handle labour cost and over time.

can sd-cs alone handle this and how??

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great.

First question:

Just SD should be enough. Check out the config guide which is in the same place. This has some PM config activity at the end, but I don't think you will need it for your case.

List details of services : probably can be achieved using tasks in the Service Notification or operations in Service Order.

Van's working condition: You will probably need to create an Equipment and set up daily Preventive Maintenance activities to do this. This probably needs PM.

Costs:

1) Travel Managment & Fuel cost- see travel managment part, I am not sure.

2) Consumables- Bags and seals- Components in the service order and actual usage confirmed by Driver.

3) Labor cost and over time- Operations tab in Service Order and actual time spent confirmed by Driver or Cash Handler.

Sorry I am not being a great help. But consulting is all application- how you adapt SAP transactions to business requirements. And this is an unusual business to deal with. Start building a prototype based on the 2 best practices and slowly work from there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your effort, you've been so useful in this project, will keep you posted as i continue with this.

tnx once again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please still on this project and my client wants a delivery note crested after sales order for service items, this is to confirm to the client that service has been rendered so that invoice could be raised.

u2022 What Order type should be configured for service sales ?

u2022 Delivery will be along with sales order. There will be a virtual Post goods issue and posting to finance will also be automated. How can i do this? what are d steps?

u2022 The condition records will be used to control pricing.

Which other way can i achieve this?

Tnx

chichi

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DearFriend,

Do create No. Service Material based on Different service you are providing to your client and Maintain Van no. in some field in

Sales Order like Material discription(Line Item) and ask ABAPER to develop a Sales report which include that field also.

Regards

AJIT K SINGH