cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP: cell background color and link in a table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to have a link in a table and assign an action to this link. The action should take a user to a different screen. How can I achieve this?

I created binding of my table: right click on a table name in Layout, select Create Binding. Standard Cell Editor: TextView. For each of Context Attributes I can set Cell Editor of Table Column and Name of Property to Be Bound. When I set it to Link and apply changes it works fine. However, when I open Create Biniding again I still see TextView.

Also, I need to change a cell's background color of a column to red, green or yellow depending on the value that a cell has. Values come from a view.

Can anybody suggest?

Thank you.

Georgy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Georgy,

How to make <i>change a cell's background color of a column to red, green or yellow </i>:

Use cellDesign property of TableStandardCell UI element (Check http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/1e/49a841c1dae034e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm)

Make calculated readonly attribute with type WDUI_TABLE_CELL_DESIGN and in getter return appropriate value depending on what conditions you have. Bind this property with appropriate UI element`s property.

How to make link which takes user to different screen: make your cell editor as LinkToAction ( Check http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/0f/e8884118aa1709e10000000a155106/frameset.htm ), create appropriate in- and outbound view plugs, in action handler fire appropriate plug. In case you need different screens for different cells - use paramameter mapping

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maksim,

Thanks for the info.

However, I am not exactly clear.

I have a view that I select from. Result of the selection is bound to a dataSource property of a table. One column displays priority. If priority is high than I need to set color for that cell to red, when medium than to yellow and so on.

How this can be done?

Thank you.

Georgy

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Georgy,

Sorry for confusing - seems like there are no calculated attributes in WDA.

Try this: in datasource node add attribute with type WDUI_TABLE_CELL_DESIGN, just after binding iterate through node elements and set this attribute to appropriate value (calculate using priority value), bind new attribute with appropriate TableStandardCell` cellDesign property.

Best regards, Maksim Rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos