cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error : "Backend data could not be read"....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are having SRM 4.0 with backend R/3 4.7.

When shopping cart is approved, getting error message "Backend data could not be read".

In BBP_PD, status is showing "Error in Transmission"

Observed that BE_OBJECT_TYPE and BE_OBJECT_ID fields are blank in table BBP_PDBEI.

At the bottom of BBP_PD, in the alert section in Monitor field a message appeared as "Shopping Basket\Spooler Communication errors".

Is this error something related to RFC authorization?

Please tell me what is the reason.

Thanks and Regards

Jagadish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

As you said, this may be related to RFC communication.

During the SC approval, SRM will determine the follow on doc type (RS, RQ, PO) depending on your customizing, the SC item data, and what R/3 let you create (after META_INTERPRETE_DAT).

Just after this step, the backend doc type & ID are stored in SC item backend references. But here your fields BE_OBJECT_TYPE and BE_OBJECT_ID fields are blank.

It makes me suppose that a backend communication error made this process failure.

If the RFC authorizations were not correct, then this would be the case for ALL your SC !!! I don't think this is the case.

Do you have lots of errors like this one ?

Maybe the backend was not available or overloaded at that time. Is this an error in production ? What are your volumetrics ?

Can you check in SM37 if you have some jobs named PO_JOB created at this time or scheduled since this date ?

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagdish,

I assume you are working in classic scenario and trying to create a PR in backend after SC is approved.

- Have you defined the no ranges correctly for SC in EBP and PR in R/3 with internal and external indications ?

- Have you defined transaction type in SRM IMG properly ?

BR

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check table BBP_DOCUMENT_TAB.If some entry exist for your SC no,then re run the background job CLEAN_REQREQ_UP.

BE_OBJECT_TYPE and BE_OBJECT_ID fields basically contain the Backend document type and number which have not yet been generated due to communication errors.

HTH.

Regards,

Disha.

Pls reward points fo helpful asnwers.