cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Standard text in scripts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I had a problem while printing standard texts in scripts.

I Know how to print standard text if we have to print it from the begining of window using

INCLUDE &T024E-TXADR& OBJECT TEXT ID ADRS LANGUAGE &EKKO-SPRAS& PAR

But my problem id i have print it after a hard coded text like

Delivery schedule: 'here i have to print the standard text'.

can any one please help me out how to solve the problem

Thanks & regards

sreehari p

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try create a separate window to include this text. and before that u can write ur hardcoded text.

Regards,

Sweta Tyagi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the same window, thus:

P1 Delivery schedule:
/: INCLUDE....

(where P1 is your para format as current)

Regards, Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ANDY

the idea u has given will print like this

Delivery schedule:

here it will print the harcoded text

But i want like this

Delivery schedule : 'here i want to print'.

Thanks & regards

sreehari p

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreehari,

If you want to print the text after the delivery schedule you need to read the text in print program and concatenate this text with Delivery schedule and then save this text.

Regards,

Jagadeesh T.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here's one my brother taught me - you can actually trick the system to accommodate this requirement.

Ensure that you use 2 different paragraph formats in your INCLUDE statement, using the PARAGRAPH and NEW_PARAGRAPH clauses, ie.

INCLUDE &T024E-TXADR& OBJECT TEXT ID ADRS LANGUAGE &EKKO-SPRAS& PARAGRAPH P1 NEW-PARAGRAPH P2

Paragraph P2 (which will be used as the first line) should be created as having a Line Spacing value of 1 TW (1 twip) which is less than 1/1000th of an inch. Also, set the Left Margin value to an offset which brings the text to the right of the Delivery schedule literal.

Paragraph P1 (which will be used for all subsequent lines) should be set up as normal - ie. use the same paragraph format as that for displaying your "Delivery schedule:" literal. If you need the text to be indented in line with the first line, then copy your existing paragraph to a new paragraph but set the Left Margin value to the same as that in P2.

What this does is to output the first line of text indented by the margin after skipping 1 twip, giving the illusion that it's actually on the same line. Since subsequent lines are output with a normal (or normal/indented) paragraph, that just follows with normal spacing on subsequent lines.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards, Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI andy

In the script editor we will write

/: INCLUDE &T024E-TXADR& OBJECT TEXT ID ADRS LANGUAGE &EKKO-SPRAS& PARAGRAPH P1

where to write the hardcoded text 'Delivery schedule' in it.

Thanks & regards

sreehari