cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto scheduling of recurring insp in QA05

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I need help in configuring recurring variant in QA05. Can anyone help me with exact steps to be followed? Currently we are using QA07 for manually creating these lots.

I want a recurring inspection for a material in every 3 months. I am having confusing in the following areas:

1. When iI create the values in QA05 (QA07 page displayed), I maintain material no and plant. Should i maintain batch no. too? what will be the difference in putting batch and not?

2. I want my material to come to quality 15 days before expiry date, I am maintaing 15 in the initial run days. Should I tick 'To insp lot" box?

3. I want my stock to be blocked on expiry date itself, I am keeping "block batch" box ticked and intial run days for this blank.

4. How to schedule the job for every three months? Should I keep BASIS also in loop for that?

Please help me with the steps.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. When iI create the values in QA05 (QA07 page displayed), I maintain material no and plant. Should i maintain batch no. too? what will be the difference in putting batch and not?

Simply when you put the batch ,it becomes batch specific.Once that bath over QA05 variant will not work once batch is blocked.

2. I want my material to come to quality 15 days before expiry date, I am maintaing 15 in the initial run days. Should I tick 'To insp lot" box?

If initial run days is 15 then lot will be created after each 15 days.After last 15 days batch will be blocked.

3. I want my stock to be blocked on expiry date itself, I am keeping "block batch" box ticked and intial run days for this blank.

You have to maintain some days

4. How to schedule the job for every three months? Should I keep BASIS also in loop for that?

Check for creating the variant & click on schedule.

This can be done with the help of basis by using SM37

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks! But I am still having some doubts. I need to do recurring insp for a material, for this we are directly entering SLED at the time of UD. No manufacturing date is entered at the time of MIGO. now my scenario is in every 3 months batches should come for inspection. I have set inspection interval as 90 days in material master. i want that 15 days before the next inspection date, lot should come to quality. And 7 days prior to expiry date lot should be blocked.

Reg settings:

1. inspection interval: 90 days, 09 activated

2. QA07: Initial run day ; Should it be 90days - 15 days = 75 days? I need 15 days prior to next insp date lot to be generated

Tick to insp at lot creation

Tick block batch and what should be in initial run field here? again i need my lot to be blocked 7 days prior to expiry date.

If i create one variant for material-plant with above setting (w/o batch no), will ithis one variant automatically work for all batches?

john_lutz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

"2. QA07: Initial run day ; Should it be 90days - 15 days = 75 days? I need 15 days prior to next insp date lot to be generated

Tick to insp at lot creation"

If you're running the QA07 job daily, set this to 15 days. This will trigger an inspection lot for any batch due for next inspection within 15 days. Same thing with blocking the batch or setting status to restricted. Use 7 days for the opening period.

If i create one variant for material-plant with above setting (w/o batch no), will ithis one variant automatically work for all batches?"

Yes, it will work for all batches of the specified material...

Regards,

John