Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI 2004s "Analysis Authorizations"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings to all in the forums, long time listener, first time caller. OK, so lousy introduction... Anyways... I have been told to prepare for a NW2004s BI upgrade (from 3.5 we have now), and unfortunately for me my CIO is very "gung-ho" about this new catch phrase.

I've searched the SDN forums, and SAP Help, but have only come across standard BW security documentation. Can anyone point me to information on these new BI Analysis Auths? Are they similiar in regards to setting up hierarchy auths?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Hopefully see some of you at Tech Ed in Vegas.

Kindest Regards,

Wayne Miller

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wayne,

We are implementing BI2004s not converting but I do have some documents specific to converting and I could send you. Please send me your email address. Also it is very worthwhile to listen to this webcast.

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=00200797470000062042

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wayne,

We are implementing BI2004s not converting but I do have some documents specific to converting and I could send you. Please send me your email address. Also it is very worthwhile to listen to this webcast.

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=00200797470000062042

0 Kudos

Mary,

Thanks for the doc links. This will definately get me going in the right direction for the upgrade, in addition to helping me understand the new concept in detail. I greatly appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,

Wayne Miller

<b><removed by moderator></b>

0 Kudos

Hi Sims,

I am also on the same boat as Wayne. Do you mind forward those documents or links to my email address (<b><removed by moderator></b>).

Thanks in advance and appreciate your help

0 Kudos

I Mary Sims.

Can you send the Documentation related ti BW 2004s to my mail i.D:-<b><removed by moderator></b>

Regards,

Venky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

We are in the midst of a Netweaver upgrade and the new authorizations model has probably been our biggest issue. There isn't much expertise (Marc Bernard excluded) in this area yet. We've implemented dozens of OSS note fixes and still have some high priority customer messages open. Your issues will depend on what your current environment looks like. For example, one of our primary issues right now is configuring our BPS Salary Planning application security. I'm confident that we'll get by the issues but MAKE sure that you have a robust plan to test all the new authorizations and MAKE sure that you have serious client testing commitments.

I don't have any pre-documentation that's any better than what you'll find here (or at the ASUG site or any of the other SAP sites).

Good luck,

Dan Glick

Hank
Explorer
0 Kudos

Mary, you had stated that you did not convert to Analysis Authorization. Is that corret?

if so, what are the impacts of not converting to AA?

thanks

Hank