cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Valuation of Physical Samples

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am dealing with a problem in which the business does not always record results against ALL inspection characteristics. As a result the physical sample does not auto-valuate and the inspection results are not written to the batch. This is a very serious situation the business. Is there a way to either force physical sample vaulation upon usage decision?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. It is a real issue. The problem is you can make a UD without vaulting all the physical sample, (or inspection points). In your case I don't see how you can have an automated process for vaulting the inspection points. How is the system to know that for a given sample whether or not you are done with it or not?

I would suggest using one of the UD user exits to verify that all samples are valuated before the UD is saved. If the aren't, the user is informed via a window popup and then they would have to go do the valuations and then try the UD again.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response. I was thinking that by virtue of the fact that the user is making the usage decision he is also 'giving his blessing' on the physical samples as well. I realize the two activities may not be synonymous in many businesses, but they our in ours. If tehre is no other way to ensure the users vaulates the samples then I will indeed pursue the user exit you suggest.