cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring SRM5.0 and PIXI7.00 Ssytems from Tape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Geru's.

Due to an upgrade issue with our BW Dev. system that required an IPL to the partition which has been running for 30+ hours now. IBM is looking into the system to see if the job is actually doing something or if we need to rebuild the Partition.

My question is that we have our SRM5.0 DEV/TST and PIXI7.00 DEV/TST sytstems along with our R/3 and BW DEV/TST systems also. Are there any special steps for recreating the SRM/XI system from tape? I do not have any problems with the 4.6C system but am not sure about the Basis 7.00 one for SRM/XI.

Thanks,

Chris Sugg

NACCO

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

As far as the 30 hour IPL, we have a customer that just ran into an issue on V5R4 after an abnormal IPL where the IPL hung in a loop on CP002AB0, rebuilding access paths. If this is what you're seeing, check out PTF's SI22821 and SI24129.

Is this what you're seeing now?

Adam Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adam.

I don't think there was an error message, jsut that the IPL was running and running. I'm not in the operations center which is in Ill. and I'm in NC. As of last night IBM could not tell us how much llonger the DB rebuild would take so we stopped the job and operations rebuilt the partition again. We are now currently restoring the databases so hopefully, I will jsut have to bring the systems up and do a once over from a Basis point of view. And maybe re-apply the kernel.

From looking at OSS guides, it appears that our current R/3 refresh procedure of RSTLIB command will suffice for SRM and XI if that was needed instead of a complete system restore.

Thanks,

Chris

Answers (0)