cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comma separated Excel file FCC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an excel file like below (I have just mentioned the row n column to give an idea):

first name(A1), last name(B1), street (C1) city(D1), state(E1)

John (A2), Smith(B2), MacArthur(C2), Dallas(D2), TX(E2)

Mike(A3), Dale(B3), Main St(C3), Austin(D3), TX(E3)

Kevin(A4), Costner(B4), 2nd Steert(C4), Houston(D4), TX(E4)

Can I tranform this into xml out-of-the box using XI 3.0 file adapter file content conversion? If I have to use the module, is there as stadard module available or should have to build from scratch?

If I open the excel file in notepad, it opens as comma separated text file

first name,last name, street,city,state

John,Smith,MacArthur,Dallas,TX

Mike,Dale,Main St,Austin,TX

Kevin,Costner,2nd Steert,Houston,TX

How do I do FCC for the above CSV file? I mean I have one header with the field names and remaings rows as record sets.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have an excel file like below (I have just mentioned the row n column to give an idea):

>

PI Standard Adapter will not support Execl files.,there is no standard module available, you have to develop adapter module to process EXCEL files.

>

> Can I tranform this into xml out-of-the box using XI 3.0 file adapter file content conversion? If I have to use the module, is there as stadard module available or should have to build from scratch?

> If I open the excel file in notepad, it opens as comma separated text file

>

If you have comma separated values in text file then you can use file content conversion to convert CSV file in to XML,standard adapter will support this.

> How do I do FCC for the above CSV file? I mean I have one header with the field names and remaings rows as record sets.

search in sdn , many blogs available on the same ,converting CSV to XML it is very easy.

Regards,

Raj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navin,

Refer the below link to Read Excel instead of XML through FileAdapter:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/07/04/read-excel-instead-of-xml-through-fileadapter

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2007/08/03/file-adapter-receiver--are-we-really-sure-about-the-concepts

Thanks,