cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fixed Bin Replinishments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus

I have a situation here, in our warehouse we are using fixed bin strategy and I have created a storage type for that fixed bin say A and I have created a storage type B from which we want to replenish the fixed bins. I have maintained the LE quantities for material, the replenishment, max and min bin quantity.

Now I get goods from the vendor and I want to receive them in the warehouse and I see that the pallet sizes are the same but there is difference in pallet quantity . How can we receive the same pallet with different pallet quantities and I donu2019t want to use SUM for this .

Also how do I replenish my fixed bins with these type of quantities and can anybody tell me how to make pallet pulls from a storage type that means I want to pull only pallets no partial pallets.

Your input is much appreciated

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your case you can use "Pallets" strategy by making addtional settings in customizing for this startegy like defining storage section keys in the storage type and (ii) assigning the section key to 'storage bin types' and 'storage unit types'.

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think pallets strategy maynot be useful for your case, rather for individual cases where actual palletization differs from the Material master palletization data, you can change the system proposal in the TO manually.

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul

Can you please explain a little bit about this I really am not able to understand why i cannot use pallet strategy for this.

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is exactly what I want to achieve

I have a material for which I want to assign a fixed bin.I have defined a storage type 001 for which my put away strategy is F and stock removal is P. If any thing for these materials come in I want to receive them in the fixed bin assigned to it in the form of pallet sizes so I have created the LE quantities.

Lets suppose a quantity of 96 EA are in the fixed bin 01-001-01 in SType 001 and my Palletization data is 1SUT P1 is 96EA. I also have the same material in other bins with a quantity of 192(2x96) 01-001-02 which is equal to 2 P1in a bin which is right above it and its Stype is 002. Now when I create a TO for this material for a quantity of 200EA I want the TO to pick 192 which is 2P1's from 01-001-02 and 4EA from 01-001-01.

Why I want to do this ? because I don't want to keep on replenishing my fixed bin when I have a quantity like this which is a lot inefficient from a picking perspective.

Can anyone tell me how I can achieve this without activating SUM. I don't want to set the "complete stock removal required" indicator because its of no use with my above scenario. I don't want to use the user-exit either.

Your inputs and help is very much appreciated << Please do not offer points >>

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Sep 21, 2010 2:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramu

If i under stand correctly ur steps are as below

PO >>GR >> Stock placement to fixed bin (Here u will stoare material and u will put the same in comming material)

No u have some material in fixed bin and some bins are in some other bin as well and now u want to replanish small qty first irrrespective of fixed bin.

So for replanish u create control cycle and maintain min and maximam qty, and replanishment qty in Material master with fixed bin of control cycle.

step 2 also set large and small qty management in picking stocrage type and the pick sequence in stoarge bins..

Use LP21 for as replanishment report... you will find the deficiate stock in stoarge bin where u want to replanish..

Check and let me know i understood correctlly...

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are not iplementing the SUM , how do you manage the LE quantities in Material master data ? With your requirement you may need the SUM into picture.Without SUM , you still can manage the fixed bin process with removing full quants from the source storage type.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think without implementing SUM we can have LE quantities maintained. Is there a mandatory requirement that we have to have SUM active if we want to use LE quantities ?

Thanks