cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM contracts related data from SRM 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dea SPM Experts,

we have to bring SRM contracts related data from SRM 7.0, there is no standard extractor available as part of ( 1239883 - SRM50_70_extractors.zip ) note provided for SRM 7.0 Spend analytics extractor kit, can someone help me if you have any idea how we can bring the data from SRM 7.0 or the standard extractor available?

Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

You have three options:

1) Use the standard SRM extractor, and on the SPM end configure the standard extractor as a data source. And then use the templates to map the appropriate fields.

2) Most likely the contracts will be replicated in ERP, so in this case use the ERP contract extractors.

3) Build your own extractor using ABAP or using the Data Integrator tool.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh for the heads-up..

To confirm, the SRM contracts not replicating back to ECC... This was the reason we have decided to replicate the contracts form SRM and map it to same contract template in SPM.

We were expecting standard extractor available as part of (1239883 - SRM50_70_extractors.zip) since the product (SPM) developed for SRM related on standard architecture?

It will be little extra effort for us to develop new extractor and integrate to SPM? It would be great help if SAP can provide as part the extractor list that would help us? If not it would helpful to give us the logic to replicate Contracts data from Standard SRM contracts tables?

I would appreciate your immediate responseu2026

Regards,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

Unlike ERP, the SRM domain is very similar to Spend (domain of procurement), we have tried to reuse SRM standard extractors as much as possible.

Any standard SRM extractors that fit our needs will not be duplicated into SPM extractors.

If you have a standalone instance of SRM, then for the least effort, you can go with the first option I mentioned where you use the standard SRM extractors and configure them into SPM data load process.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks rajesh for your valuable input,

I was also thinking the same to use existing Standard SRM extractors which is using for Operational reporting but this brings up Init and delta data loads for other teams..

Will that cause any issues for spend analytics (SPM)? I am not sure in this part..

1) To give more info : the SRM standard extractor( Purchase Contracts0BBP_TD_CONTR_1) already been used by other teams (Operational reporting)

2) There are 2 standard data sources in SRM for contracts

i. Purchase Contracts (0BBP_TD_CONTR_1)

ii. Contract Linkages (0SRM_REL_CT)

If you can give more info on the above it would be great, I donu2019t want to mess up all the data in SPM which is currently running for ECC data.

rgds,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj

You would need to do some trial and error to figure out the best configuration for your implementation.

One tip I can provide that if there are multiple consumers of the standard SRM extractors and for reasons technical /otherwise you dont want to worry about the multiple pulls of data, you can move the data into SRM standard targets and tey to create export data sources from the standard DSOs/Cubes and then configure these data sources to feed into SPM.

Regards

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh,

I am trying on possible ways to get best configuration.

Regards,

Rag

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since answers have been provided and no subsequent questions have been raised, marking this thread as assumed answered.

Regards

Rajesh