cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purch grp assign to Backend Purch grp not coming in dropdown of purch grp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are assigning the Purchasing group to backend purchasing group in PPOMA_BBP. Now the problem we are getting that these Purch grp are not coming in the drop down of the Purchasing group. When user is creating the SC.

But when the Purch group are not asigned to backend purch grp, its coming fine in the dropdown.

Is there any way I can direct the system to display all the purch org available so user can select it.

Any help will be rewarded

Thanks,

Smita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smita,

I guess you are using the Extended Classic Scenario. In that case (like for the standalone scenario), the system will propose only LOCAL purch groups, and not backend ones. Because the follow on doc (ECS PO) is created locally in SRM (even if replicated later into R/3).

The ECS has been designed like this from the beginning

:-((((

For all my ECS customers, I use the BADI to determine the purch group, to enable the use of backend purch group (I copy the std determination, but get rid of the logical system).

So to answer you, the only way is to use this BADI.

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chris and Dinesh,

Can you plese give me detail on the BADI you are talking about. Also can you pls help me understanding how you get rid of logical system chacking in BADI.

Ya we are in Extended classic scenario and SRM 4.0 EBP 5.0 SP9

Thanks in Advance,

Smita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Required help on this, still i am not able to find how to achieve this. I am trying implementing BADI BBP_PGRP_FIND. but still some problem. Has anybody done this to display all Purch grp to user in drop down and what will be the impact of this?

I went through some of the threads but somehow not getting the right solution.

Thanks,

Smita

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smita,

In our org structure we have assigned the org ID s of dept./plant (to which user creating SC is assigned) in the 'responcibility' tab of purchasing groups.

and the purchasing org(to which pur grps are assigned) is defined in function.

and we are getting correct pr grps in drop down in SC creation.

for better clarity ,send me test mail on

dinesh.powale@googlemail.com

i will send you screens

BR

DInesh