Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability check of personnel when rescheduling activities

federico_gregoret
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

I have an issue with personnel availability when using workforce planning and rescheduling the activities in PS.

This is the situation. I have an activity in PS with a work center and hours of Work. With Workforce Planning (t-code CMP2 or 3) I assign a person to that activity, a definite day in the calendar.

In another activity, I assign the same person in a different date.

Due to a delay in the project, I have to reschedule the first project. After this, the system sets as the new scheduled dates for the first activity, the same dates that the second activity. But the system does not check that the person is not available, and assigns him again, causing an overload of that person.

According to customizing, when rescheduling, the system can distibute the work according to the old distribution, can delete the original distribution, or distribute the new work according to the new dates. But in none of the cases, the system checks availability of the person before assigning. It assigns people according to the previous criteria, withouth considering personnel availability.

Does anyone know if there is something standard to solve this?

Thanks to everybody!!

Regards,

Federico.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP R/3 Capacity planning is essentially only reporting if a person is underloaded over overloaded, but it does not affect scheduling anyway. For affecting it to scheduling, you need to use capacity levelling function, that in turn affects the scheduling. System does not do capacity levelling on its own.

in SAP R/3 standard, this function is not available.

Regards,

Mahendra Dighe