cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which table holds specification status?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently in the process of bringing PLM online and we are loading our data into our production client. We loaded our packaging specifications, and we missed adding the status on some of the specs. I need to find out which specs we missed. I was going to write an SQVI query to get this, but I cannot find the table that stores specification status. I can only find the structure (EHSBS_APPL_SCOPE_IOT).

Does anyone know what table holds specification status? Or, is there a way to get the data I need above that already exists? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason King

Master Data Business Analyst

Johnsonville Sausage

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jan Erik, but unfortunately, we don't have a variant called EMPTY->SUB_OUTPUT, and the variants we do have do not have any header fields in them other than spec number. Thanks for trying.

Thanks,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is strange , because this is a standard output variant from SAP. Please check this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60/helpdata/en/37/f8a83a23e57635e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Jan Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan Erik,

I asked about why we don't have this variant in our system, and this was the response:

"I believe SUB is for when we are doing all of the nutrient calcs for sub substances and for dangerous goods when you have sub components. Sub components are different than our Comp Subs. These don't apply to us so they would not be setup."

A) Does that make any sense to you?

B) Is this an accurate statement.

As you can see I'm trying to clean up a messy implementation here. Basically, I would like to know if the SUB_OUTPUT variant should be there regardless of what we're trying to do with PLM. Additionally, would that variant give me header status, rating, and effectivity dates of the spec?

Thank you so much for your help so far.

Thanks,

Jason

Edited by: Jason King on Sep 24, 2010 3:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason

SUB_OUTPUT stands for Substance Output, and as stated in the SAP documentation: "With this procedure you can display any header data and value assignment data for specifications using various methods." It is not related to property data as nutrients, diet suitability etc. just the specification

So probably it should cover your needs as well.

Is there really no output variant group called EMPTY in your system? That is strange because that is standard in SAP.

Thanks for points anyway.

Best regards

Jan Erik

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jason

I believe the table is ESTST. Pay attention with using the "spec status" in EH&S We have not so "good" experiences in "practical use" of that.

I have heard that in one of the EH&S releases there should be "search" inquiry available (like: give me a hit list of specification having the "status" ..) I was not able ot find that in our system

Combing back to the output variant: Please take care regaridng this: an output vairant is only "availalbe" if you have "configured" well your system. In many places in customizing you could specify spec type now. This could be a reason why you do not see the output variant;

Please check your customizing. Output variant are "user exits" in EH&S. They belong to a user exit group (i believe ISOUT). Only if you have specified the output variant correct it will be available in the "empty" folder. Thsi output variant is a quite good one and you should try to activae it !

With best regards

C.B.

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Nov 6, 2010 3:30 PM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Nov 25, 2010 9:35 PM

mark_dangcil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Jason,

You may want to use table EHSBT_APPL_SCOPE for the status. You have to join this to other tables (e.g. ESTRH for the header data, and ESTRI for the Identifier data).

hth,

- Mark

jan_valeriano75
Discoverer
0 Kudos

How does the EHSBT_APPL_SCOPE link with the ESTRH? is it through OBJNR?

Former Member
0 Kudos

RECNROOT in EHSBT_APPL_SCOPE = RECN in the ESTRH table.  That's for specifications.

For a formula (RD), RECNROOT in EHSBT_APPL_SCOPE = Formula-Header-RECN.

jan_valeriano75
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks sir...I will confirm 🙂

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion Neelima, but those were not the correct tables.

If anyone else has any ideas, that would be appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In CG02 you could use the output variant EMPTY->SUB_OUTPUT, then minimize the number of fields to substance no. and status and run this on a hit list of (all) your specifications. I am not sure how many hits it can handle, but 1000 at a time should not be a problem.

Good luck

Jan Erik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure

Check TSTATSE or TSTATS