SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic clearing- proportionate distribution

former_member215295
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When we execute the automatic clearing using transaction code FPMA. Clearing should happen according to the below mentioned scenario-

For a business partner there are two debit open items which are $ 20 and $ 30 both the items are due on same date 01/15/2010.

Business partner made a payment on 01/16/2010 for the amount $ 10 , now the client wants the 10 to be distributed proportionally between the two debit open items when we execute the automatic clearing.

For line item $20 the amount it should clear is $ 4 (20/50)10 and for the line item $ 30 it should clear $6 (30/50)10.

I tried all the configuration for the clearing variant with grouping, sorting and clearing rules but couldn't achieve the result.

Your response is greatly appreciated.

thanks

VR

Edited by: VR_SAPFICA on Sep 17, 2010 4:48 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

VR:

There are two scenarios here:

With one clearing step, and the data you provide: if you select, in the group rule section, clearing rule = 1 'Proportional distribution within group'. - then this would work as you expect.

If on the other hand, you want proportional clearing across multiple steps - ie where your $10 payment was to clear partially against items found in the first clearing step, as well as partially against items in a subsequent clearing step, then you would need to create an enhancement in the clearing rules - or build out your clearing steps at a very granular level.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

VR:

There are two scenarios here:

With one clearing step, and the data you provide: if you select, in the group rule section, clearing rule = 1 'Proportional distribution within group'. - then this would work as you expect.

If on the other hand, you want proportional clearing across multiple steps - ie where your $10 payment was to clear partially against items found in the first clearing step, as well as partially against items in a subsequent clearing step, then you would need to create an enhancement in the clearing rules - or build out your clearing steps at a very granular level.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your response.

We have only one clearing step and the config I made is

One grouping string 010(due date) and in sorting string 010(due date)

In clearing rule I gave '1' and then tried to execute the FPMA, clearing is not happening and all are going to exceptions.

When I give only sorting string 010 and no data grp string and clearing rule then the variant is clearing the oldest due date item.

thanks,

VR

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

May be I should explain further about the requirement.

There are only two things variant should do 1) clear the oldest receivable first 2) If there are multiple receivables with same due date the proporionate distribution should takes place.

To achieve the above requirements

I have given the sort string as 010(due date) and the clearing rule'1' after executing all the line items are goign to exceptions.

Hope I explained properly.

Thanks,

VR

christiane_grammlich
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

please see in the Cookbook "clearing control", there are many examples.

You could find the Cookbook under following link:

https://service.sap.com/utilities

> SAP for Utilities - Product Information

> IS-U/CSS

> Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable

> Cookbooks/Guidelines

The open items should be in one group and then use amount rule "8".

Best regrads,

Christiane

Edited by: William Eastman on Sep 21, 2010 11:03 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Christiane,

Thanks for the cookbook , I went through it but still couldn't achieve the result.

Our scenario requirement is

1) Items shouls be cleared based on the due date , oldest item should be cleared first

2) If there are multiple items with different due dates then it should clear again the oldest items first

In the configuration I have given the Grouping characterisitic as 010(due date) and sorting characteristic as 010(due date)

Lets say we have 5 debit open items $ 20 , $30 due by 01/15/2010 $10 and $ 5 due by 01/20/2010 and $ 8 due by 02/18/2010.

and we have a credit item $ 60 , when I execute the automatic clearing the $ 60 is getting distributed among all the 5 debit items , if I use clearing '1' and amoutn rule '5' but we don't need that.

Our need is $ 60 should clear the first two item 20 and 30 and then remaining 10 should be proportionately clearing between the second group(10+5) and the third group(8) should be untouched.

Other than that we don't have any of the additional rules.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

VR

0 Kudos

Hi,

thats difficult when I have no detailed example in a system.

You give me following example:

group 1 payment

document 1 20,00 15.1.2010

document 2 30,00 15.1.2010 50,00

group 2

document 3 10,00 20.1.2010

document 4 5,00 18.2.2010

10,00 should proportionately clearing between group 2 and group 3

group 3

document 5 8,00 18.2.2010

When you as grouping, the grouping charateristic 010 "due date" used then you receives other groups:

group 1

document 2 30,00 15.1.2010

group 2

group 3

document 4 5,00 18.2.2010

You need a other grouping characteristic.

Best regards.

Christiane

0 Kudos

Hi Christiane,

These are the groups

group 1

document 2 30,00 15.1.2010 50,00

group 2

document 4 5,00 20.1.2010

group 3

In this case once the payment was made for $ 60 then we would like the payment to clear completely the first group and allocate the $ 10 proportionaltely only for the second group NOT to the third group.

Lets say if we don't have group 2 & 3 and a payment comes in for $ 30 then it should clear the items(20, 30) in first group prportionately.

The only selection criteria at out client place is DUE DATE and we don't have any other requirements.

Once again thanks for trying to resolve the issue.

Kind regards,

VR