Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record Management. Search record by objects added into the record

pmarcoavendano
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We would like to navigate from the gos (generic object service) of a business object to the record where this object is added. In principle the object will be added just to one record and it will be manually added from the organizer in the specific record. The point is that when someone is at the business object and at the gos press the record button, will navegate to the record.

Our problem is how without adding any specific field can we know the record where this object was previously manually added.

Any ideas? I was thinking of updating the attributes of the record (for example reference) after the object is added in the organizer, with the value of the object but I don´t know if there is a exit o service I could use when the object is added, the could give me the value of the object and also how to get the record values in order to update its attributes.

Apart from this, can anyone tell me, in the definition of a record model, for an object model node, what the relationship is used for? or where to find documentation, because I hope I could set a relationship with the record and the object that aftewards could be useful for my problem but when clicking there it just appear an screen with Available relationship _ Other objects but I can set any object o parameter and also in a record object I don´t find anything related with this.

Best regards and thanks for the help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

In SAP DMS , you can search the records (DIR's) in CV04n t-code with selecting objects in object link. This will tell which documents are linked or associated with the certain object.

Or if you know DIR no. then you can search the objects related to specific DIR by checking all it's versions and displaying object link field.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra

pmarcoavendano
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ravindra,

Thanks for your help, but I´m a bit confuse with your answer, I never seen that t-code and I don´t know how to search the record from and object in that transacción (e.g a record created where it has been attached the object of invoice(bus2081) with value 51000000234 2010). Just in case it´s no the right forum I´m asking about the records management functionality (t-codes ORGANIZER: SRMREGEDIT,....).

Best regards and thaks