cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI to BW RFC showing blank records in BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

Here is our scenario. XI picks up an xml file using File adapter and executes some mapping in XI and sends to BW to make an RFC call and data is being inserted to a table.

This was working perfectly fine until I tested the scenario with a different XML file, all records showed up blank (there are 2 rows but all the values are blank). Nothing wrong with the XML file, I just changed one of the date fields. From then on, even if I test with the old XML file, it is showing up blank in BW.

We did not touch the configuration on XI nor BW. All settings are the same as it was before..no changes.

No errors on MONI, the message is going out of the adapter in correct format. So no errors on XI side.

Any ideas to solve this problem would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Test the mapping with live data from SXMB_MONI. and check the target structure is populated correctly or not.

Also check the is RFC is throwing some exceptions , Any data format exception may occure here. For this check the data type of RFC and try to compare with input values.

Also do the Cache Refresh in From XI home page ->Administration->Cache Overview.

Also refresh the Reciever Determination and Reciever Agreement .

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

We figured it out ourselves. Looks like the RFC structure was modified on BW side and our mapping did not hold good. XI was using the old maapping structure and sending data to BW, which did not understand the data because it was looking for a new structure.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Karthik

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Glad to know.

Thanks,

Moorthy