cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Certification C_TBW45_70

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody !

i have registerd for upcoming certification exami n SAP teched , i have around 9 months experience in SAP bi,which mainly focus on testing phase and data migration and 1 year exp in business obejects . i would like to know how to prepare for the certification exam .

i have finished bw310 and bw350 .the books are vast and huge ,

my concern is i dont know if i should read the whole thing ? or just focus on specific areas ,.

since its painly task to read on something which you havnt worked on .

and i checked out the sample questions which looks mostly like some wild trivia quiz which has very few concept based questions .

mostly like does A have b or c ..

anywaz you guys have any experience with this ?please help me out ,

has anybody attended the training programs for sap business intellgence ,

i have no clue how a person who has knows noothing about SAP bi gets trained and evern certified in 25 days (WTF),when people with 3 or 4 years experience struggles to clear the certification exams ,please shed some light on this ! what really goes in there ? what procedure do they follow .

looking forward for your replies .thanks in advance

Love

mahesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As Sonja indicated SAP certification academies include a lot of theoretical content with some hands on exercises at the end of each chapter. The BI course is heavy going and I found it was more about memory than understanding how to do things. I completed 3.5 BI certification and had never touched BI before. I passed the course and was then offered a very lucartive BI job. I was too embarrassed to take it because I would have struggled to complete any BI tasks. At a later stage after working with BI I undertook BI 7.0 training. It was much easier to understand and I did not need to look at the solutions to be able to complete the exercises.

Experience is important but unfortunately most people don't get experience in all the areas covered in BI certification. SAP has introduced a new 3 level certification program. The top 2 levels rely on BI experience and practical knowledge.

I hope this has helped in some way.

Good luck

Paul Hawking

SAP Academic Program Director

Victoria University

Australia

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Paul @Sonja

I am at the crossroads now and dont know what to do. I have taken a BI course in my University and am planning to undertake the certification exam during december. After reading this thread I am confused whether to do the certification or not. I am a student and have no experience apart form the course work and the usual tweakings with other things unrelated to the course. Can you please help me out regarding this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi paul /sonja,

Thank you so much for the replies !

i following your advice ,im trying to cram up the certification books ,

but the problem is i am blessed with bad meomry and very little time .my project is in data migration phase so its hectic .

so i am planning on buying couple of certification help guides ,if you guys are aware of any please do mention .

2. i notice the syllabus for Sap teched certification keeps changing year to year ,

my doubt is that do i stick on to the syllabus or read all the concepts ,

example : under bw350 , this year Xml extraction or connect is not mentioned ,so i need to go through it or skip it ?

please provide your inputs thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is difficult to provide a good recommendation because I do not know your background or the contents of the BI courses you attended. But in general you should have a good knowledge in the areas that are covered by the SAP courses that are offered as preparation for the certification (see http://www.sap.com/services/education/certification/certroles/certificationtest.epx?context=%5B%5Bc_....

Otherwise it is probably hard to pass the exam, espacially if you do not have any practical experience in SAP BW.

Regards

Sonja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mahesh,

I cannot provide a recommendation concerning certification preparation books, maybe somebody else in this forum can help out here.

Concerning the certification contents:There should be only one certification for C_TBW45_70, and the general contents are listed on the SAP website (http://www.sap.com/services/education/certification/certroles/certificationtest.epx?context=%5B%5Bc_tbw45_70%5D%5D%7C). If you have a different link for the SAP Teched certification you maybe can share it here.

But in general, I would not assume that something is not covered only because it is not listed explicitly. As BW350 is part of the certification, I would recommend to prepare all contents that are covered in this course.

Best regards

Sonja

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh

I am sorry to say that I don't think the courses you have done are enough. From my experience and feedback from some of my students have completed BI certification there is a lot to cover including

Reporting (intro and advanced)

ETL

Integrated planning

Enterprise data warehousing

You have completed approximately 10 days of the 21 day course.

You will be able to view the course maps at teh SAP Education website. This will include training courses and content.

Good Luck

Paul Hawking

SAP Academic Program Director

Victoria University

Australia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul!

As always thanks for the reply !:)

i still dont understand what goes in the training institutes !

how are they able to finish in 21 days ? it took quite some for me .

could you please tell me what approach does training institute take

1. just covering the theortical aspects of BI(which is merely useful in the realtime scenario and but does just enough to pass the exam )

2. or completly go over realtime scenarios (which would take years to complete )..

Regards

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

the BI training courses focus on the theoretical part with some hands-on exercises for each chapter.

Of course there is no time to do some complex real-world scenarios, so you should gain some practical experience before or after the certification.

I even would strongly recommend to gather some practical experience (at least 1 year) before your do the courses and the certification.

But having only practical experience is usually not enough to pass the exam: In practice, you often specialize in some areas, e.g. in extraction, data modeling, reporting, integrated planning...so you never have the complete knowledge about all SAP BW functionality you need for the exam.

Best regards

Sonja