cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI and portal Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

In current scenario,sender system sends message to PI and PI will put message into portal UWL and approver approves message and add few fields and send back message to PI.Please suggest how to do.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Portal should provide you the wsdl to for receive and response data, but the key is at sender side. does it wait for a response back from portal? if not, what would you do with the response of Portal?please explain a little more your scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.Do u hve WSDL file or webservice URL?

I will nt caputure response as it may takes days to get reply back.Whenever approver will approve ,PI will communicate witl portal.Save button is triger point.and data will get posted into target system via.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you ever worked on this scenario?Can u give me few doc on this approach?Which server will store data in this case when portal gets message because approval process can take 3 days?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neelam,

As already suggested in the above replies, develope the asynchronous scenario from Portal to the receiving system.

-Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since you mentioned that there is an user who will approve and add fields to the response, this might take time and hence delay the response and possibly causing time outs. So, my suggestion is not to use sync scenario.

it's better to design an async scenario. I am not too sure if there is a requirement to correlate the request and the response; which might increase little bit of complexity but async is the answer to your design.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply..How would I corelate two messages?One message has run 3 days before .Is there any way to corelate?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As already siad above..go for asyn messages...instead of sync..

also its not advisable to keep the messages in PI for days together..which will impact the performance...

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do I need to corelate messages in my scenario?If u have any doc for this scenario,pl send me