cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII is locking up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a couple of transactions which use custom actions developed by us. A background job in SAP triggers these custom actions in regular intervals. After every few days xMII gets locked up or the ServletExec service closes down. So, the communication path between SAP and other systems is breaking down .

The following is the log that i can see in cms log:

[ServletExec:] SYSTEM TransactionUtilities - error Initializing Action: GenerateProductionSchedule_0

[ServletExec:] SYSTEM ContextItem - Unable to deserialize action : CreateB2MML

[ServletExec:] SYSTEM TransactionUtilities - error Initializing Action: GenerateProductionSchedule_0

[ServletExec:] SYSTEM ContextItem - Unable to deserialize action : CreateB2MML

[ServletExec: HttpServerRequest] SYSTEM Connector - Shutting down all servers and their connections...

[ServletExec: HttpServerRequest] SYSTEM Connector - Disabling server AggregateConnector

[ServletExec: HttpServerRequest] SYSTEM Connector - Disabling server Simulator

[ServletExec: HttpServerRequest] SYSTEM Connector - Disabling server XacuteConnector

[ServletExec: HttpServerRequest] SYSTEM Connector - Disabling server XMLConnector

[ServletExec: HttpServerRequest] SYSTEM Illuminator - Illuminator System Shut Down.

The following is the log i found at the time of shutting down in ServletExec.log :

ServletExec 5.0.0.09 is shutting down...

ServletExec: Shutting down Session Tracking for virtual server - default, application - Lighthammer

ServletExec: Shut down Session Tracking for virtual server - default, application - Lighthammer

ServletExec: Shutting down Session Tracking for virtual server - default, application - servletexec

ServletExec: Shut down Session Tracking for virtual server - default, application - servletexec

ServletExec: Shutting down Session Tracking for virtual server - default, application - LHSecurity

ServletExec: Shut down Session Tracking for virtual server - default, application - LHSecurity

ServletExec: Shutting down Session Tracking for virtual server - default, application - default-app

ServletExec: Shut down Session Tracking for virtual server - default, application - default-app

ServletExec 5.0.0.09 shutdown complete.

java.lang.InterruptedException: sleep interrupted

at java.lang.Thread.sleep(Native Method)

at com.lighthammer.util.WorkerThread.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

I believe it is because of the custom action GenerateProductionSchedule. But i am not sure what could be the problem with it. Once i restart IIS and ServletExec service, it works fine. We are using xMII 11.5 .

We are facing this problem quite frequently. Can any one suggest troubleshooting steps ?

Any kind of help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Prasad.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error logs appear normal in relation to activities that occur during shutdown, or your restart of the servletexec service. If you already suspect the custom actions, then perhaps you want to add additional logging to them to help track any pattern relevant aspects that might be leading to the lock up.

Have you looked at the systemstats log to see if the memory is creeping up to an out of memory condition (which I would also think should appear in the logs if you hit the heap max)? Memory is a very likely culprit, especially considering your comment about it happening every few days, and the XML hungry aspects of B2MML.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jermey,

Thanks for the suggestion. I never thought in that direction. I will observe the memory consumption pattern and update the thread.

Thanks,

Prasad.