cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi EveryBody,

My understanding level in terms of Enterprise Service is going to and fro... some articles seems to motivate and some confused..b4r getting away with this i shall a basis questions , after getting answer for these i guess , i cud sail further.

1) Service Registry --- is this available to SAP PI / SAP CE / SAP ECC ???

If yes when it comes to a landscape how we are going to share the service across these service registry

Do we need to install Regisrty seperately ?? and used by all system SAP PI / CE / ECC ?? Is it so?

2) What we publish service from abap and Java using ejb.... How ?

ABAP service will take care of SAP Backend function / Java will take care non sap system communication ..is this correct??

Service arhitecture shows service talking to Service how , please justify with example.

SAP provided Service budles (Workplace) can we publish same with custom requiremnt ?

Guys please as muchas possible please donot links which mostly i have seen..

thanks for help

Regards

Savy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Savy,

Just to add something more to what Trevor explained above. Services Registry is available on AS Java versions 7.1 and later. This means currently (September 2010) you can find it on PI 7.1 and 7.1.1, and CE 7.1, 7.1.1, and 7.2. There is a lot of documentation about Services Registry, you can find it by [searching SDN|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/advancedsearch?query=services+registry] and [searching the Help portal|http://help.sap.com/search/sap_trex.jsp].

Hope this helps,

Rossen

Former Member
0 Kudos

THQ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Savy,

Please observe the forum [Rules of Engagement|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/RulesofEngagement] when posting a question. You should first research your toping thoroughly in the forums before posting a question & keep it down to 1 question per post.

A lot of the questions you've asked have been answered already. You also need to get a better of what a Service Registry is in general terms, SAP's Service Registry works like all other Service Registries & is based on UDDI standards. Try Wikipedia for an overview & then pose direct questions instead of general ones around it. Do the same for Service Architecture. SOA is an industry standard.

Do we need to install Regisrty seperately ?? and used by all system SAP PI / CE / ECC ?? Is it so?

SAP ESR & SAP Service Registry comes shipped with SAP PI & SAP CE so when you're doing the installation of either one then you would decide based on your architecture whether to install it with the SAP PI or SAP CE installation. You only need SAP ESR & SAP Service registry installed once in your landscape & it can be used by all other systems even non-SAP systems (in the case of the SR)

SAP provided Service budles (Workplace) can we publish same with custom requiremnt ?

The ES Workplace Enterprise Services can be customised. There is a guide for it in SDN, try a search for it.

Regards, Trevor