SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free goods in Retail

Chanchana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

These are scenario for Beverage business- mostly they have complicated promotion on free gifts which I think SAP ERP SD cannot cover it. I also check Promotion in retail and found out, if it's discount - it can handled but for free goods - there is similar to ERP Sales. If anyone can take a look at the below case and share with me whether IS-Retail can handle it or any idea how to handle it as now I can only think of custom development.

This is pretty much general scenario in Thailand, not only beverage but wholesales & distribution but I don't think SAP ERP can handle it smoothly.

1. Buy soda water size 10 oz regardless of soda taste (coke, orange, grape) for 1 pack (1 pack consist of 24 bottles) then get 1 bottle free.

2. Buy soda water size 10 oz regardless of soda taste for 1 pack, then get 1 bottle free - maximum at 2 sets.

3. Buy soda water either size 10 oz or 15 oz for 1 pack, get 1 bottle of 10 oz free

4. Buy soda water regardless of soda taste as set i.e. for every 36 packs of combine size 10 oz, 15 oz and 1 lt - get free items of 10 oz/15 oz for 2 bottles per pack and free item of 1lt for 1 bottle per pack

5. Similar to 4 with additional condition that 1 soda taste must be more than 50% - for example, it must be coke at least 50%

6. Sales quota - Buy 1 pack, get 1 bottle free - maximum 100 bottles for each customer

Please kindly share your experience or ideas. Thank you

Chanchana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chanchana,

By using Bonus Buy T.Code:VBK1 you can get solution for your scenarios

Aslo check this Link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/50/94f500470e11d1894a0000e8323352/frameset.htm

Regards

Mohanavel

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chanchana,

By using Bonus Buy T.Code:VBK1 you can get solution for your scenarios

Aslo check this Link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/50/94f500470e11d1894a0000e8323352/frameset.htm

Regards

Mohanavel

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

1. Use txn VBK1 to create a bonus buy condition

2. In SAP Retail, we can create % Off Conditions, Absolute Off Conditions as standard promotion conditions, Special Price Conditions.

3. You can also can create Bonus Buy: Price, Bonus Buy: % Discount, Bonus Buy: Absolute Discount and Bonus Buy: Free Goods conditions.

For Example: Buy 4 Get 1 Free Article is a Bonus Buy condition. for this try In VBK1, use Discount Type BB04 to configure bonus buy.

For more information plz try this link http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/40/c0e238f0d111d2adff080009d2232d/frameset.htm

Regards

GK.

Chanchana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I checked Bonus buy, the free goods schema is similar to standard ERP SD. The bonus buy is more to handle discount like buy product in range (A,B,C,D) - get % discount on product Z

Or do you mean setting 100% discount on product Z in order to handle "free item" -> Then will the free item add automatically or it has to be added manually?

Chanchana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thank you both for helping

Chanchana
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Will bonus buy in retail handle complicated free goods scenario as it only for discount.

0 Kudos

Hi Chanchana,

Bonus buy can handle your type of promotions very well. Having said that it also depends on how is the mapping done with POS. Another thing to note is it may not be easy to get the desired result with one type of bonus buy but you can achieve it with another. For e.g. Buy X and get Y and/or Z free won't be possible with free goods but you can acheive it with a % discount bonus buy.

Regards

Kaizad