Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Already experiences with EasyDMS 7.1 ?

Daniel_KASIMIR
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

does anyone has got already experiences with EasyDMS 7.1 ?

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/NewFeaturesinEasyDMS7.1

Can it be installed just over 7.0?

With kind regards

Daniel K.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

You need to install it separately since new version.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ravindra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more observation:

THe new easyDMS supports longtext but it comes with a fairly big but. It does not keep the long filename if a file with a long name is stored. That was a bit disaoppointing.

Daniel_KASIMIR
Participant
0 Kudos

You are right Espen,

that point is really not good realized. Our users often use very long filenames, too.

And I think it is not possible to search within the long text, is it? I didn't find a way in EasyDMS.

regards

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Working on it now. Can provide some feedback when we are further down the road.

Regards,

Espen Leknes

former_member345274
Participant
0 Kudos

I think 7.0 to 7.1 upgrade is possible! Would be same as upgrading from one SP of 7.0 to other SP of 7.0. This is clearly explained in the installation guide! This means it can be installed over 7.0. But am not sure if you need to check in all checked out files before upgrade. Any one has already experience?

Edited by: Jomerce PJ on Sep 20, 2010 1:53 PM

Edited by: Jomerce PJ on Sep 20, 2010 1:54 PM

Daniel_KASIMIR
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Espen,

I would really appreciate this. Thank you in advance.

Daniel

Daniel_KASIMIR
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello forum,

I installed EasyDMS 7.1 by myself yesterday just over an existing 7.0.

On the first look everything seems to be ok. It just seemed to me that the columns with additonal characteristics were empty when opening EasyDMS first time but after clicking around and doing a search the empty columns were filled again. A little strange.

My impression is that the new version seems to be faster then 7.0. I hope my users will think the same.

Many thanks go to the ramp up team. I just took some minutes from filling out the form to receiving the download-link email.

The only thing I'm still missing is the possibilty to save a search. Why is it possible to save filters and layouts but not the search criterias?

With kind regards from Düsseldorf/Germany

Daniel