cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cProjects - DMS Originals Missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We have established object linking to SAP DMS in our cProjects 4.5 setup.The RFC connection and respective 'cProject Element ' object has been mainained in DMS as well. Now, in cProjects,when a DMS document is viewed under object link tab,all the assigned Document Info Records(DIR's) details and associated meta data like 'Document Data' and 'Superior Document' details are available. However, the originals assigned with the DIR's are missing.

No options are available in the settings field under 'Objects Link' tab either. Any input/help will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeepkumar,

I have had this issue as well. Based on my investigations what I have found is, when linking to a DMS DIR from the object links tab, the overview information in cProjects can only show the DIR info and not the originals. Since the user can get at the original directly frop cProjects using the WebGUI or EasyDMS by clicking the "open" link this didn't really become a big issue for us.

The other option we explored was linking a document structure to project using "SAP DMS" tab. User can open originals directly from cProjects however it is limited to the originals in the document structure / folder.

Not really solving your issue, but based on my understanding this is not possible in standard. Hope that helps.

Regards,

Lashan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suppose u have done all the required settings, just to clear doubt, can you check whether you have checked in document using data carrier at DMS side.

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

Yes, the data carrier has been defined and the storage category is SAP DB(few documents of small sizes).

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar