Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Code for Monitoirng

jerry_kidd
Explorer
0 Kudos

I want to implement some mouse trap programs to monitor the following:

Catche when more than n short dumps happen in an hour.

Catch when more than n background jobs fail in an hour

As these all are monitored by CCMS, I thought first to look into the alert tables, but cannot find the table names. If anyone has sampel code they can share would be great.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

...use Solution Manager business process monitoring, you don't need any code to have alerts generated...

All the best,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For the short dumps, you can look at this MTE class R3AbapShortdumpsFreq. It raises an alert if n short dumps happen in a minute. Here is the path in RZ20 Transaction <SID>\<Server>_<SID>_<System number>\R3Abap\Shortdumps Frequency.

As for the jobs, you will have more work, but you can look into MTE class R3BPServerSpecAbortedJobs. It raises an alert whenever a job is in error. Here is its path in RZ20 : <SID>\<Server>_<SID>_<System number>\R3Services\Background\AbortedJobs

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Benjamin

jerry_kidd
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank your for your replies. I looked at RZ20 and the BPM. I will need to examine further. My ultimate goal is to be proactive in the monitoring. By that I mean, when a condition happens, an email or express mail is sent to a distribution list. Thereby closing the gap between problem and solution.