cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can;t change the profit center of a project.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert :

I meet a question.

I put a project AAA in profit center A320, but in some reasons A320 has been cancelled. Now I will put AAA to another profit center A310 and I use txcode "CJ02" to change the profit center from A320 to 310 ( in the tag "Assignments" ). However system shows error message "Changing profit center form A320 to A310 is not permitted".

Can you give me some advice?

Thanks.

Best Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We will ask for the help from our FI/CO consultant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.First of all I would like to ask you that why are you chaging and what error message and number are you getting?

2.If you try to change the profit center in the cost center master data and some transactional data exist the error message Changing profit center from u2026 to is not permitted appears. In SAP Best Practices tariffs for activity types are planned before activating the online split. Therefore this message can be disregarded. A change has no effect on postings already made.

You can change the message type of this message.

You can

u2022 determine whether a message is output as a note in a dialog box or in the footer

u2022 change warnings to error messages

u2022 deactivate warnings and error messages

You can make different settings for dialog processing and batch input processed in the background.

You can maintain these settings for a client, and if necessary, for individual users.

You can take the help of FICO person.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.First of all I would like to ask you that why are you chaging and what error message and number are you getting?

2.If you try to change the profit center in the cost center master data and some transactional data exist the error message Changing profit center from u2026 to is not permitted appears. In SAP Best Practices tariffs for activity types are planned before activating the online split. Therefore this message can be disregarded. A change has no effect on postings already made.

You can change the message type of this message.

You can

u2022 determine whether a message is output as a note in a dialog box or in the footer

u2022 change warnings to error messages

u2022 deactivate warnings and error messages

You can make different settings for dialog processing and batch input processed in the background.

You can maintain these settings for a client, and if necessary, for individual users.

You can take the help of FICO person.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashutosh:

1. I have to change due to the original profit center is canceled and I don't know thw real reason.

2. The error message is only shows: "Changing profit center form A320 to A310 is not permitted" and no other message no. or other notes.

3. I will find the FI/CO consultant to solve this questions.

Thanks for all your postings.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I meet a question.

Does it mean that someone had asked you this(probably not your own problem) and you are trying to find out the answer in forum?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rifaee :

What you say is most close, however I'm a BASIS in the user side.

My mentor will find the solution from the consultant and asks me to study this issue at the same time.

Best regards.