cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Netweaver Extensions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

Is it true that SAP Netweaver Extensions version 1.0 doesn't work with Memory Analyzer version 1.0.1?

I got error when I try to display SAP WAS session:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.tools.memory.netweaver.query.SessionsQuery.getSessions(SessionsQuery.java:114)

at com.sap.tools.memory.netweaver.query.SessionsQuery.execute(SessionsQuery.java:160)

at org.eclipse.mat.query.registry.ArgumentSet.execute(ArgumentSet.java:129)

at org.eclipse.mat.ui.QueryExecution$ExecutionJob.run(QueryExecution.java:174)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Thanks,

Denny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

krumts
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First to confirm - the SAP Netweaver Extensions version 1.0 are compatible and can work on top of Memory Analyzer version 1.0.1.

Here it seems that there is a problem with the Sessions query. This query looks for specific fields inside objects, and a change in the object structure (e.g. the field get's renamed) can lead to problems. We should for sure provide some better error handling and show some reasonable message to the user, instead of the queary just breaks.

I'll have a look into this. Can you tell me the version of the Java server from which the heap dump originated?

Regards,

Krum

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think your explanation in another [post|; of mine addressed the issue, PHD heap dump doesn't come with field/value, so MAT cannot extract session information out of it.

Thanks again,

Denny