cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Process Monitoring (Job Monitoring)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have some business processes being monitoring. Most of them are background jobs and we are monitoring delays, cancellation, duration...

My problem is that we have an external tool (CONTROLM) for job scheduling.

That means that jobs are not released directly in SAP, but they are in status scheduled and when the start condition (in the external tool) is reached, controlm makes a copy of the scheduled job and start it in SAP.

I have succeded to have the alerts working checking the option of "start job condition" , but some times I receive alerts like this one: "Job Name with schedule date 16.09.2010; not yet started" even if job is started and finished correctly.

Anyone knows what could be the problem? Or why are we receiving these "fake alerts"?

Best regards,

Virginia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Virginia,

if you work with external schedulers and use start condition "Start by time" then you have to ensure that the maintained Planned Start Time in BPMon is earlier than the actual Start Time coming from the scheduler. If you use start condition "Use job start condition" this problem cannot occur as every job is picked up that fits the naming criteria. But there you cannot check for the start delay (business wise) but only system wise.

In general you have to ensure that either the latest SP for ST-PI plug-in is installed on your backend system or the latest SAP notes (component SV-SMG-MON-BPM) related to ST-PI are implemented. Only then you can ensure that no "funny" behaviour occurs when it comes to job monitoring.

Best Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

Thanks for your anwer. I will check notes under this component to check if sth is missing, as we are currently in the last SP of ST-PI and ST-A/PI.

The configuration rigth now is using "Job Start condition" as we have also experienced some problems with the other option and our external scheduler.

I will let you know if we find sth else, we will probably open a message to SAP if we are not able to make this run ok.

Br,

Virginia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to close the post and let you know an update:

As said before we have to use the "job start condition" in order this could work. What we have found is that from time to time we receive alerts for jobs that were not found even if they have run. After some time monitoring started to work ok. Now we have no problems, just when we deactivate/activate and generate the monitoring from BPM we eventually receive these kind of alerts for some of the jobs during the whole day of activation. Probably because entries are in TBTCO/TBTCP when activating the customizing. But the next day all seems to work ok again.

Br,

Virginia

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recheck your BPM configuration start time and end time of monitors for the jobs in question.

Feel free to revert back.

-=-Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure if I understand you. Do you mean the time when generation/activation of BPMON was performed?

It seems it is not a problem. Activation was perfdormed long ago, and I deactivate/generate/activate the custo with every change in BPMON setup.

Best Regards,