cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCOT - How to send a mail from mail server to a SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP colleagues,

With SCOT you can configure the SAPConnect administration.

You can easily configure your SAP system to allow the send of email from SAP to your mail server.

Exemple :

1. SID SAP : DL1

2. Mail server : sn1exch.lec.local

3. Target email : "myeamailaddress"

Send email process 01 : 1. DL1 ==> 2. Mail Server ==> 3. You read your email in your inbox "myeamailaddress"

My problem :

From my inbox "myeamailaddress", I want to be able to send email to SAP (Dl1).

Send email process 02 : 1. My inbox "myeamailaddress" ==> 2. Mail Server ==> 3. SAP (DL1).

Question :

Do you have any help to configure it ?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Best regards

NetWeavAdmin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_mulvey
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem you are experiencing is the fact that you have not configured a unique mail domain for your SAP system so that when your manager the replies to the mail it cannot be correctly routed from Outlook back into the sending SAP system.

This is the solution that I always recommend. Define the domain as follows:-

user @client.sid.company.com e.g. mulvey @100.prd.sap.com. As the domain part of the email address is unique to your system (100.prd.sap.com) you can setup a routing rule in Exchange to route these mails back to SAP.

Please refer to the following url (specifically page2) which shows you exactly how to configuring outgoing email transport for Exchange 2007 via the domain part of the email address.

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Exchange-Server-2007-Email-Routing-Part1.html

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Exchange-Server-2007-Email-Routing-Part2.html

Hope this helps

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a good solution but only if you need to receive mails in a small number of SAP systems. Otherwise you will have to multiply the number of routing rules and usually the mail administration teams are against it.

We chose an other solution : only one mail domain and one routing rule was added for SAP incoming mails.

These mails are redirected to an SMTP relay server which is configured and managed by the SAP administration team.

We have routing rules on this SMTP relay which are based on email adresses and not only domains.

If there is a change, the SAP team is independent and dose not need an action from the Exchange team.

We were also able to choose a meaningful mail domain name which is better when the incoming mails come from external partners from the internet.

Regards,

Olivier

michael_mulvey
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Nice solution. I will remember this one for the future !

Michael

Private_Member_19084
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Olivier,

we have exactly the same requirement at the moment.

Regarding your solution, does it mean, you have setup another Mail-Relay, to which the mail-host forwards the mail and from this relay you send it to SAP?

If so, can you please explain it a bit more in detail how you did achieve this?

Thank you

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>Do you have any help to configure it ?

Yes : help.sap.com. incoming mail configuration is documented here.

Read the doc and come back here if you have specific questions...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Olivier,

I do not have a specifi technical problem.

Let's summarize - my request concerns a SRM Workflow :

I am ordering an article. When the order is higher than 2'000 USD, I need to get the approval of my manager.

That's the workflow.

Workflow :

1. I am user in DL1 SAP System.

UserName : CharlesN

In SU01,

charles(a)green.com

2. From DL1 SAP system, I order articles. The order total amount is higher than 2'000 USD.

In the workflow, an mail from DL1 is automatically send to my manager in his MS-Outook inbox.

(manager(a)green.com)

3. My manager reads the mail I have sent him and give his approvals by clicking on a approvals button.

When clicking the button, an mail must be automatically send from my manager MS-Outlook inbox

to DL1 to CharlesN inbox in SBWP in DL1 SAP system.

I have configured SCOT and read OSS Note 455140.

The SAPconnect virtual host is activated in DL1 (SICF).

I think a miss a step in our mail server to relay a mail from MS-Outlook to my SAP system.

Any suggestion is welcome.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Of course, there is a configuration to do on the Mail server, it needs to know that it has to relay some mails (for a specific mail domain or specific mail adresses ) to the SAP server and not to a mail bob on a work station.

This is a configuration specific to each different SMTP relay software and not a SAP problem...

Regards,

Olivier