Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluescreen in NWDS 7.20 SP03 when compiling many DCs

rolf_paulsen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

in our team we are facing reproducible Bluescreen Of Death (BSOD) when compiling "too many" DCs in one run in NWDS (Development Infrastructure Perspective). "Too many" means about more than 50.

Different hardware (notebook, desktop).

I think this is an eclipse-, not an SAP-issue so I do not mark this as thread - just to tell others with this issue that they are not alone.

Until now, googling "eclipse bluescreen" was not very helpful.

Regards

Rolf

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

since it is NWDS CE 720 SP3, according to the PAM

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000001303&_EVENT=DISP_NEW&0020068250000000...

(see page 3)

Only available for XP and Vista 32bit only.

As of 720 SP4 you have more option.

Best Regards,

Ervin

rolf_paulsen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks for your reply.

It is XP 32 Bit SP3. System eventvwr tells almost nothing.

I will try to find the responsible driver(?) with System administrator next week. In the meanwhile I will batch compile from ant and try not to press the "build dirty DCs" button.

Cheers

Rolf

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf,

did you manage to figure out something after talking to your system adminstrator?

You could also make a try to test with the very latest version. If that fails with BSOD as well, then this is most likely an OS problem. See the download page for the very latest 720 SP3 PAT0009 NWDS CE product:

https://nwds.sap.com/swdc/downloads/updates/netweaver/nwds/nw/720/NWDS_platform.html

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Ervin

rolf_paulsen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

thanks a lot, I will try. We were caught by a BPM bug that was introduced in PAT0006 and still in PAT0008 (OSS exists), so we had to reinstall PAT0000 and decided not to upgrade since we are in the finish of our project, but I will install it parallel.

Cheers

Rolf

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf,

can you provide this ticket number, to ervin.szolke @ sap.com ?

Please also mark the thread as solved if the problem is resolved.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ervin

rolf_paulsen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin

done with email to your SAP address. thanks.

Can you please change this thread to a question so I can set it resolved?

Regards

Rolf

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Rolf,

my moderator role is just under way, so I cannot do it right now, but I'll ask an other moderator to do so, then I let you know.

Thanks again for all the information you sent me.

Best Regards,

Ervin

rolf_paulsen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

finally I solved the issue by WinDbg on the Dumpfiles. It was fslx.sys ("FSL System Driver by Altiris, Version 2.1.3062.0"). Removed it from Windows\system32\drivers in protected mode - so far no service seems to miss it.

No NWDS-issue.

Cheers

Rolf

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf,

thank you for the feedback!

I also asked by the way, whether this thread can be changed to a 'question' but I was told that threads which were created not as a question, cannot be changed afterwards. Therefore we cannot close this thread either. As soon as I got my moderator role (I should receive it in days) then I'll mark this thread as locked.

Best Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you have BSOD, then I'd first check the event log of your OS. Ask your system administrator for details.

Which version of OS do you use? Is it 32 or 64 bit?

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ervin