cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender File adapter to process each file with time gap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a sender file adapter which is picking 2 files in a folder. I want to delay the processing of each file by 5 minutes. For ex: PI should process the first file, then wait 5 minutes and the process the next etc. Is this achievable ?

Is there a way to create 2 sender agreements if I create 2 separate comm channels for each file .

I am using PI 7.0

Edited by: Dev Noronha on Sep 17, 2010 8:48 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try with putting delay in mapping by using the udf as mentioned here..

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/AddTimeDelayingraphicalmessageMapping

The udf which you will create will not have any input arguments, you just need to map the udf output to any parent node of target structure.

And only one sender CC is ok for this.

former_member209575
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After putting the delay in mapping, Also u can assign an EOIO queue to the same so that no order messages will get stuck in queue because of the delay.

Regards

Pradeep P N

Former Member
0 Kudos

For more information look my answers in this thread.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

It's nt possible by just giving delay time in mapping....

It's better to go for this approach...

1. Save all the files in Temp folder.

2.Write a script to move the files from Temp folder to Main folder, by giving the time gap u want...

If u r using the NFS its nt a problem..

Again if FTP its nt possible to write the scripts...

Request the client to place the files in interval of time...

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

> It's nt possible by just giving delay time in mapping....

I disagree. It is possible.

Along with delay in mapping you just need to set the QoS as EOIO in your Sender Adapter and make sure the check box "Maintain Order At Run Time" in Interface Determination is checked... that's it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh...

U r correct ... but i am nt wrong.... Just joking...

S u r correct in normal cases..

But this interface also involves BPM too.....

Dev didnt mention the whole prblm in clear....

The prblm is as following..

When he runs the CC at sender , if u have multiple files, then every file will initiate a BPM instance.

And in turn every BPM instance is waiting fr a message from PROXY....

The proxy messages coming from the ECC are not able to go fr exact BPM instance..

Eg: 2 Proxy message gng fr 1 BPM instance...etc..

FYI , no correlation on the messages....

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Sarvesh...

>

> U r correct ... but i am nt wrong.... Just joking...

>

>

> S u r correct in normal cases..

>

> But this interface also involves BPM too.....

>

> Dev didnt mention the whole prblm in clear....

>

> The prblm is as following..

>

> When he runs the CC at sender , if u have multiple files, then every file will initiate a BPM instance.

>

>

> And in turn every BPM instance is waiting fr a message from PROXY....

>

> The proxy messages coming from the ECC are not able to go fr exact BPM instance..

>

>

> Eg: 2 Proxy message gng fr 1 BPM instance...etc..

>

> FYI , no correlation on the messages....

>

>

>

> Babu

How do you know all this details becasue it is no where mentioned the question from Dev?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

He is friend of mine..

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> He is friend of mine..

>

> Babu

So you both are discussing over phone or mail and then you are answering here on SDN.

@Moderators, do you think this activity is applicabe here?

For me it looks like cheating becasue when you can ans him over phone or email and secondly when only knows the exact problem then what's the meaning to post your answer on SDN??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sarveesh,

Gud answer...

We are no more in same organisation.....

Putting here helps others also know the sol..

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

>We are no more in same organisation.....

This is not a question of same or different organization.. the question is how do you know the exact problem?

In your post it is clearly mentioned that "Dev in using BPM" which no body knows on SDN.

So when only you knows the exact problem then why you have posted ONLY your answer why not the whole question along with the answer ?

>Putting here helps others also know the sol

Sorry my friend but this is not the way to help others..

I don't want to hurt you by any means.. but this is not the correct way..

Edited by: Sarvesh Singh on Sep 17, 2010 3:57 PM

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As long as the relationship is clear, and the members aren't giving each other points unfairly, then it's ok.

However, what is not ok is the use of text message type spellings. Many users of these forums are not native English speakers, and cannot understand anything when you put stuff like "prlbm". Spell words out IN FULL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> As long as the relationship is clear, and the members aren't giving each other points unfairly, then it's ok.

Matt, I agree with above point. But do yo think it is fair if someone suddenly says the solution which others have given will not work why because he has discussed problem with his friend individually. I mean if you have alreday discussed it individually then what is the meaning to put the answer on SDN? And secondly if some one says "I have put my answer so that others can take benifit from it" but how?? I mean when the whole question is not posted then how one can take a benifit from it.

I don't agree with the concept of "first discuss personally then answer on SDN".

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Sarvesh. This is not fair for those individuals who spend their time and efforts in trying to resolve someone's issues when all the facts are not provided and that when a "friend is discussing the matter over phone and answering on SDN".

Former Member
0 Kudos

HLB and I worked together on this interface before he moved to another organization . He just happened to see my query and responded . I havent spoken to him on the phone or any of that sort. Please dont have that doubt . Its all above board

We decided to create 4 CC for each file and set the ATP for each with a difference of 10 minutes as a resolution .

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have a parameter called 'Poll Interval' in the Communication channel. Make use of it

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0d/00453c91f37151e10000000a11402f/content.htm