Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigate WDABAP Appl from portal skipping view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Need Help in this requirement..

I have one component(two views) with two apllications one for Emp and other for Admin. In portal contals two tabs one for Emp and one for Admin, when user selects Admin it opens selection screen and enter some emp no and execute that application. But when user selects Emp i want to skip this selection screen(view 1) and directly open view2 for editing. and employee no should automatically pick from user id. i mean for emp, automatically open his details containing in view2 while he selects Emp tab from portal. is it possible? how can we acieve this? please help me...

Thanks,

venkat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat

Create two different iViews( With different parameters)for the same application and assign to the two roles Emp and Admin.

create two outbound plugs to the window and inbound plug for view1 and view2 and create navigation link from first outbound plug of the window to inbound plug of the view1 and second outbound plug of the window to inbound plug of the view2.

Now in HANDLEDEFAULT method of Window of the web dynpro component read the parameter and based on the parameter trigger the outbound plug.

SY-UNAME will give you the userid logged-in if the logon procedure is SSO, Query table pa105 to get the Personnel number for the Userid.

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi

I have to create parameters at application? i have one component and two applications

Thanks,

Venkat

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. First create the parameter in the default start-up method of the window. Then chose the parameter in the application.

Regards,

Sharath