cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bar Code printing and scanning?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am trying to print Bar Code in smartforms but got stuck.

I am able to print Bar code in smartforms but not able to scan bar code using scanner.

The format genrated by smartforms is not readable by Scanner .

Even I created new bar code using SE73 but fails to scan bar code.

Please suggest me if any setting required for bar code printing .

I used Zbar code and system bar code in Character format and printed but not able to scan .

Please suggest me the solution .

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Steve

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

width problem with bar code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Which of the barcode symbologies are you printing and which formats is the scanner able to recognize? I would think any manual for the hardware should indicate any limitations, ie. 3of9, etc.

Regards, Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andy,

I am new to bar code prinitng and I using one of the bar code from se73.

I used in smart style as character .

My output device LP01 L HPLJIIID Beispieldrucker. Mit SPAD anpassen..

I have created one print control SBP99 in SPAD for above device.

But I dont know which character sequence I have to used for SBP99.

After I assigned the print control to LP01 L HPLJIIID Beispieldrucker. Mit SPAD anpassen in SE73.

And assigend my bar code and prefix SBP99 in SE73 .

But When I printing same output is coming for all bar code only space and height different but lines are same.

I am using ARGOX scanner for scanning.

Anything else require suggest me .

Thanks and Regards

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Can you confirm exactly which Barcode symbology you are using in your character format in the associated SMARTStyle?

Is it one of the more common formats, ie. 39 C128? If not, try using something like Barcode CD39__00.

Since you're actually getting a barcode to print then it sounds like you have the printing part of this right (ie. I'm not sure why you'd need to explicitly supply any print controls; just seems like the Scanner is incapable of reading the format you've chosen.

Do you have a model number for the ARGOX with maybe a manual? They usually indicate the capabilities of the device, including which barcode types are supported.

One final question - is the window you have your barcode in big enough for the entire barcode? If not, it will get truncated and an incomplete barcode is unreadable - try creating a big window on your page and put the barcode in it and see if that will scan.

Regards, Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andy,

Before that I was using Zbar code CODE128 and now changed it to CD39C_00 as you suggested .

I am getting printpreview but not able to scan .

All lines are very thick . As we know the bar code linew are very thin but its happened in my case.

But I am testing my Zbar code in se73 and I got mixed lines thick and thin that might be scannable

but i am not able to test in se73 using scanner.

Same Zbar when I used in smartstyle I got thick lines.

I am using ARGOX scanner model number - N661 E-C900-02-3664(A).

I have adobe copy if you need I wll send it you.

Thanks and Regards

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andy,

Correction to eariler reply.'

I am using DENSO barcode Handy terminal ,model number - BHT-8044D.

Regards

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

I am able to bar code in SE73 but not able to print properly using Smartforms .

I am getting different output when I am using smartforms .

Same printer I am using in smartforms as I used in SE73.

Let me know where I am wrong or any other setting require.

Regards

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the following for your bar code.

To Create a Bar code prefix:

1) Go to T-code - SPAD -> Full Administration -> Click on Device Type -> Double click the device for which you wish to create the print control -> Click on Print Control tab ->Click on change mode -> Click the plus sign to add a row or prefix say SBP99 (Prefix must start with SBP) -> save you changes , it will ask for request -> create request and save

2) Now when you go to SE73 if you enter SBP00 for you device it will add the newly created Prefix

For using in smartforms....

Go to SE73.

2.Chose the appropriate Barcode that you can use in your smartform or create your own Z Barcode.

3.In the smartstyle of the smartform create a charater format for that Barcode.

4.Use this character format while displaying your field values in the smartform.

Regarding scanning,

please check this link

-Keerthii

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ut reply,

As I added as you suggested but what is character control I have to used in se73.

I am using any of character control but not getting in printpreview.

Please suggest..

Thanks and Regards

Steve