Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep same design pattern(Look and Feel) in all the views

former_member225041
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a webdynpro Java application where all the views have to be same screen layout. We want to keep the same look and feel through out an application.

How can it be acheived like in J2EE we have CSS for the same?

Thanks in advance,

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

This can be done using themes.

Search for Portal Themes in SDN.

Regards,

HImanshu

former_member225041
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

Thanks for the quick reply. But application is standalone which is not gonna integrated with Portal.

Our webdynpro application have almost 20-23 screens ,suppose to be carry same look and feel. So is there any way we can reuse any CSS etc ? Rather than putting efforts of designing each screen with same UI elements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

I guess I am still not able to understand your requirement correctly. However:

1. If you mean that across different screens, UI elements(say a Drop down) should look the same then since you are not using the portal (hence i am assuming that a single person is going to work on the end application) this should be possible automatically.

2. If you mean that the same set of UI is going to repeat across different screens, then try copying the views and renaming them. However a better alternative is to use the same view and control visibilities etc by coding.

Let me know if this helps. If required, pls explain the requirement in more detail .

Regards